close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone NOT seeing The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Idontplaynice, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Idontplaynice

Idontplaynice

I had wanted to see this movie. Really wanted to. But I think now I will not go to see it. Not because I am afraid, but out of respect for the victims.

This whole incident really turned me off to the movie. In light of what happened, and how some people get lost in the universe it projects, in the end, I just want to say: "It's just a movie people!"

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

I had no plans to see it. I have heard such mixed reviews that it will be worth a rental at most.

3. Danny Reid

Danny Reid

I am not seeing it...until the DVD comes out. I just can't handle the noise volume at movie theaters anymore. They could turn it down 70% and it might actually be enjoyable. I first noticed this back in '99 when Star Wars Ep I came out. I couldn't believe how loud it was.

4. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

The first one was pretty forgettable in my opinion. Heath Ledger made the second one. I'll see this one when it hits the movie channels.

5. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I have not seen the others. So I doubt it. I will buy the 3pack when it gets to $10 range. Maybe $15.

6. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

I pretty much boycott all of Hollyweird's product.

7. Weiser 878

Weiser 878 R O C K E R

IMO, not going tithe movie because of the shooting shows disrespect to the victims and to everyone who's ever served this country.
    Changing your behavior or plans because of an act of terrorism only supports the agenda of the terrorist.
    If you change your habits because of it, whether it be out of fear or some misplaced idea about respect, the terrorist has achieved his goal.

BTW, it was no 'The Dark Knight' but it was a very good movie and echoed sentiments that I think most members here would agree with.

8. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

I didn't see the other ones. However, I'm going to see one out of respect to those who, just trying to have a good time, lost their lives in the process. Terrorism of any kind will not prevent me from living in MY FREE COUNTRY.

A theater posting " no guns " will not get my business.

9. cyphertext

cyphertext

Why would you not go see it if you wanted to before? Are you going to give up your firearms out of respect for the victims as well?

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand. I'm not sure the shooter was "lost in the universe it projects". I haven't heard his motive yet.

10. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

Haven't decided yet...might go this coming week. I liked the first one but not the second..
    I'm attempting to not let the shooting influence my decision one way or another but it might.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  11. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

I'm going tomorrow. I'm not sure how seeing it or not seeing it would be respectful or disrespectful of those who were killed (although I respect the fact that you may see it differently).

The only reason I wouldn't see it would be quality issues... I'm honestly pretty skeptical of the film.

12. Idontplaynice

Idontplaynice

What have you seen so far that made you skeptical?

I'm mainly not seeing it because I am no longer interested.

13. Altaris

Altaris

That is like saying I am not going to go to school out of respect to school shootings. He simply picked an easy target that he knew a ton of people would be at. You seeing or not seeing Batman will mean absolutely nothing in regards to this.

14. Idontplaynice

Idontplaynice

Not the same to me.

School is an important part of life, growing up, learning.

The movie is a personal pleasure that I will forfeit in deference to the lives lost. A moment of silence if you will...

15. JBnTX

JBnTX

What does seeing, or not seeing, the movie have to do with the people that got shot? What does it matter which movie was playing?

The news media makes a connection and all the sheep get in line to lap it up.

They've also linked what happened to gun control.
    Please tell me you're not buying that crap too?

16. furioso2112

furioso2112

The noise level in movie theaters rose to prevent patrons from having to listen to people who, though able, refuse to chew with their mouths closed, as they graze through a cubic hectare of popcorn soaked in artificial yellow butter substitute, gummy whatevers, or incessantly wrinkling the packages on the snacks they brought from home.

Despite this, I still can't handle a movie theater experience. I enjoyed watching movies immensely when I had the time (pre-kids), at home, on my old smallish tv, on a dvd player. If my kids get into movies, I'll get a projector and a reasonable sound system and watch in the comfort of my home.

I really liked the Batman movies - the campy 90's versions and the current what's his name as Batman (Bale). I'll watch this one when I get the chance.

17. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

I want to see it, but it will be hard to watch. Especially the 1st firefight. It will be hard to think of anything else but the tragedy I think.

ETA: I just have to get this off my chest. I know its how the game works, but I really wish both sides would have at least waited a day before making public political statements. I just found it distasteful, here so many young innocent people lost their lives, and it really came off as not a heartbraking tragedy, but just something to use to push an agenda. I found it kind of dehumanising to the victims. I mean, casualties of war is one thing...but this is just kids. It makes my heart drop to my stomach, I can't begin to imagine what their families are going through, especially the ones that had to witness it. It is absolutely heartbreaking.

18. Altaris

Altaris

In the grand scheme of things, what the difference? I know I am in no position to tell someone else what to feel or what to do, but its not like any of the victims are going to look down on you badly because you went and saw a movie. Especially since they loved the movie enough to go see the midnight showing of it.

19. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I'm still planning on seeing it, and other movies as well.

Will change my tune when the MSA puts scanners out front.

20. Idontplaynice

Idontplaynice

If your friend or loved one was one of the victims in Aurora, would you still say, "What's the difference?"

Sure, you may not know them personally, but they are someone's friend or loved one.