Anyone Near Downers Grove, IL

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by vw.tech, Jan 22, 2010.

1. vw.tech

vw.tech Scary???

Long story short, I got in an accident and the Ins co is gonna total my Jeep. I am buying it back from the Ins co cause it has a "few" bolt ons.... So, I am gonna start over but I need a solid, rust free foundation to build on. As we are in the rust belt, they are hard to find. But I think I may have found a decent one in Downers Grove IL, but cant afford to drive out just to look at it. Would anyone be willing to check it out, maybe snap a few pics for me? I will give more info of what exactly to look at/gets pics of. I just need to be sure its worth going to look at before I drive out there and start the buying process.

I am more concerned about the condition of the body and frame than the motor and trans. So I dont need a mechanic, just someone to stop by and poke at a few specific spots that these are know to rot out.

Thanks

Dave

2. 1sharpedge

1sharpedge

If i was a bit closer i would do it for you, about 3 hours for me. I used to live about 20 min from there.
    Cant you ask the seller or dealer to take multiple pics and email them to you? If it were mine i would do that to sell it.

3. 1sharpedge

1sharpedge

I once drove from central wisconsin to Detroit, MI to buy a 1996 mustang cobra hauled a trailer out there and picked it up. Was for sale on a car website and was everything the seller said it was, as he had done quite a bit of custom modifications to it. Turned out great, ran a carfax on it and it matched what he told me. Handed over the $$ and hauled it home.

4. devildog2067

devildog2067

I'm in that area, but not this weekend--I'm visiting my kids in Florida this weekend. If you can wait till Tuesday/Wednesday I can help you out.

5. vw.tech

vw.tech Scary???

Thanks. I just want to make sure this is a good deal before i either buy it and have it shipped, or go get it.

6. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

I'm like 25 minutes from DG... I might be able to make the trip out there Sunday, but not 100%. If you want to PM some info, I can let you know tomorrow or Sunday morning if it's doable.

7. vw.tech

vw.tech Scary???

If you dont mind, that would be huge. Even if they are closed, all I need is someone to poke at the body. PM me and I will give you the details. thanks!

8. vw.tech

vw.tech Scary???

Just wanted to see if anyone else is near by that might be able to help out....