close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone mated a G26/27/33 slide to a G19/23/32 frame?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cbsaf, Jan 22, 2010.

1. cbsaf

cbsaf

I just disassembled my G23 and G26 and assembled the G23 slide on the G26 lower just to get a feel for the dimensions of the gun. I know Lone Wolf makes a part to bridge the gap between the slide and frame and that conversion is nothing new.

Then I held the G26 slide above the G23 frame. Wow. The slide nose bevels look like an easy to carry package with a nice full grip.

It makes me want to buy a G19 frame from Glockmeister and chop the dustcover back to the rail's cross slot to install my G26 slide. The inside of the frontstrap on the G23 frame would accept the larger recoil rod hole of the G26 slide if the tapered end of the dustcover was removed.

2. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

The grip is the difficult part to conceal, not the barrel. I'd prefer just the opposite.

3. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

:agree:

4. longhaulcop

longhaulcop

I know that I am strange but, I carry my 27 with a 23 grip adapter. I would love to have a 23 setup for that way (Love to have the extra carry rounds). For me it carries perfectly comfortable and I am big enough to conceal it with no problem.

5. Old Toryu

Old Toryu

If you could find a holster that allowed carry with the grip parallel to your body, then a shorter barrel would be of benefit. I too am interested in a short barrel, long grip configuration. The new 3.8 XDm is like this, or the XD subcompacts with the grip extensions.

6. G8Kpr

G8Kpr Sheep Dog

What he said.

Never understood chopping the easy part to hide and saving the hard part for the sake of capacity. Now if it's done for handling or grip comfort / control, that's a different, and individual, issue - as is the alternative configuration I suppose.

Whatever you like.

7. ganymede

ganymede

I've tried with a Glock 19 slide on a Glock 26 frame. IIRC I don't think it works the other way around.