I was just going to post this...

Right after I bought mine.

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just going to post this...

Right after I bought mine.
My wife has a Kindle, and we explored buying the Nook. The Kindle is awesome in any light...I wonder if the Nook is the same?

And, can I read Kindle books on the Nook, or is it a different format?

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
My wife has a Kindle, and we explored buying the Nook. The Kindle is awesome in any light...I wonder if the Nook is the same?

And, can I read Kindle books on the Nook, or is it a different format?
Kindle stuff you download from Amazon you can only read on a Kindle.

ePub stuff can be read on the Nook as can be HTML.

For free books in ePub and Kindle, here are a couple places you can look:

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://books.google.com

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
also check out your local library online...a lot f them allow you to check books out onto your nook...for free

·
Taco Hack
1,650 Posts
Bought my wife one in NOV....bought mine on sunday...Love the nook

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Just a heads up, that is a factory refurbished one. It still still comes with a 1 year warranty though.
Open box and refurb are what I look for :supergrin:

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
It's the black and white display version only. Color navigation pad included to miss lead the public.

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
Also, it's the Wi-Fi only version. No 3G capability.

I'm still considering it. I lost my kindle a while back, and I miss it terribly. My wife has a Nook, and I like it better than I did my Kindle.

·
.88 Magnum
2,272 Posts
I think I'll just put the 80.00 towards the Ipad I want.

·
Descent Terminated
33,520 Posts
Note it's a re-furb... Maybe OK, Maybe not... But know what you're buying...

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
The color Nook is very good in any light.

·
Moved on...
10,327 Posts
i agree. The color nook uses an 800mhz processor and runs android 2.1. You can unlock it with a "root kit" (there's a joke there somewhere) and have a fast, wifi enabled 7.5" android epad for under $250.

↑↑↑*^*^this^*^*^*↑↑↑

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
The color Nook is very good in any light.

I agree. The color Nook uses an 800mhz processor and runs Android 2.1. You can unlock it with a "root kit" (there's a joke there somewhere) and have a fast, WIFI enabled 7.5" Android Epad for under $250.

have to agree, it would be nice to have a mic, gps, and camera, but for home use, the nook color has proven to be lots of fun.

the rooting method via autonooter took about 5 minutes (mostly to download the image). after that, it's been all fun since.

i want to try the new android tablet os version, but all my microsdhc cards are 2 gig, and last i looked, 4gb was the minimum to install it.

i've also got an original nook wifi only as well. i find it's my dedicated no-nonsense reader, where my nook color has turned into a great internet tablet for use around the house (or anywhere with wifi) and has ebook capabilities on the side.

the nook color's default UI is pretty good too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts