Glock Talk banner

Anyone like old cars?

2585 Views 66 Replies 48 Participants Last post by  G26-Has-my-6
Car show today where I live.馃憤. 300 Cars & Trucks, but these caught my eye.

Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Tire Grille

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Truck

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

Banned
Think the Fasination with Older Car were from year to year more change then VIN Number.

Names like Packard, Nash, AMC, Rambler, Imperial, Edsel, Tucker, Henry J, and other will never be seen again.
I have two different friends with AMCs here is one of them next to the dart I bought in 1981 and still have
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
The old stuff is great to look at but, usually, not so fun to drive. My three vehicles are all getting older but are still modern all things considered: 2002 Lexus LX470 (my daily driver), 2002 PleasureWay Traverse (Ford E250 camping van conversion), 2001 GMC 4x4 2500HD (former daily driver and what we carried our camper on and later hauled 5th wheels with).
I agree. My '56 Chevy is IMO a very cool car but it's also 66 years old. It goes pretty good in a straight line and is fun to go on little 70-100 mile cruises but being in it for a long haul sucks. Yes I could put a bunch of $$$ into it upgrading the suspension, steering, OD trans and a/c which would make it more road trip friendly but you still deal with the quirks that can come up.

I think as soon as I fix the no start issue and get it 100% resolved I'm going to sell it. Let someone else enjoy it for what it is.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Wheel Steering wheel

The Bombdiggity
Old cars....

Yes, Yes I do.

As a teen, I worked in a car museum and race team that raced very old cars.

Banned
I agree. My '56 Chevy is IMO a very cool car but it's also 66 years old. It goes pretty good in a straight line and is fun to go on little 70-100 mile cruises but being in it for a long haul sucks. Yes I could put a bunch of $$$ into it upgrading the suspension, steering, OD trans and a/c which would make it more road trip friendly but you still deal with the quirks that can come up.

I think as soon as I fix the no start issue and get it 100% resolved I'm going to sell it. Let someone else enjoy it for what it is.
View attachment 1035326
View attachment 1035327
I think about selling my 1969 dart, then I go drive it and forget about ever selling it. BTW nice car you got there

Registered
great photos, thanks for sharing.
I don't have quite such an eye for ones as old as you posted, but 60s to very early 00s have a spot in my heart. but it is what I grew up with. I do not think my dad ever had less than 2 Mopar's in the garage. all freaking mint. and I never appreciated it then. if I could kick my own ass I would.

Registered
Custom Or Antique Car Registration In Florida | DMV.com

My Mazda has to last me another four years and I can get the antique tag.

Owners of antique or ancient vehicles will be required to apply for FL antique license plates at a nearby FLHSMV office. They will have to provide a completed application form and payment for the license tax in order to get special license plates for their vehicles.
These classic license plates will begin with 鈥淎ntique No. 1鈥, while the ancient vehicle plates will commence with 鈥淗orseless Carriage No. 1鈥.

Registered
Think the Fasination with Older Car were from year to year more change then VIN Number.

Names like Packard, Nash, AMC, Rambler, Imperial, Edsel, Tucker, Henry J, and other will never be seen again.
Haven鈥檛 thought of 鈥淗enry J鈥 in a long time. I remember they were fairly popular in drag racing in the 鈥60s and 鈥70s; think they usually were modified with small block Chevy engines. Good memories!

Registered
When I was a kid, a neighbor bought a '68 Morgan Plus Four new in British Racing Green. I will own one soon, as there's a beauty being sold locally in an estate sale with little local interest. HH
View attachment 1035336
Where's this sale being held?馃榿

Navy Veteran
Thank you for posting. We have the Early Tin Dusters every fall. Some really nice cars are in attendance. They come from a wide area. I told my wife, they all seem to have one thing in common. The owners are mostly older retired. I here them talking about $2000 paint jobs alone. Early Tin Dusters

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Of all the Car n Truck I personally owned in 55 plus years, my 65 Porsche C was my most fun.

Today I see the old Porsches at car show, and small comes to mind.

Process Engineer
I grew up in my dad's Bodyshop building old cars with him and my brother. I need a older toy to restore.

This is not my daily, its a fun build forsure. I'm getting it ready for a show on 5 March, just put the Scuderia stripes on it yesterday. It's a 2007 Ferrari F430 F1 with only 22k miles. I picked it up from the original owner 2 weeks ago.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Picture frame

21 - 40 of 67 Posts