GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
$22.50 for one pair of boxer briefs? Holy hell that's expensive. I think I'll go commando instead.
Is it really worth cost? I think even under armour boxer briefs are cheaper.

No way can my bank roll afford that.

·
Pinky Out
58,491 Posts
$22.50 for one pair of boxer briefs? Holy hell that's expensive. I think I'll go commando instead.
Is it really worth cost? I think even under armour boxer briefs are cheaper.

No way can my bank roll afford that.
I tried those (UA) but there is no pee hole flap!

How the hell are you going to pee in a public place trying to pull them down far enough to get it all out and not pee 2 ounces once you put it back up? :dunno:

I do like them when I am just laying around, they make me feel sexy........:whistling:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tackle,
for me, its worth it. I'm going on 2 years with the Buck Naked boxerbriefs, Buck Naked tshirts. My 3, two year old Duluthflex cargo pants finally wore thru at the knees, so I had the local seamstress make shorts out of 'em. Other than the knees, they're fine. I'd never gotten that kinda comfort or life outta any brand. Worn out Wrangler cargos, Dickie's, etc. Paid more in a year by buying $17-$20 britches over and over again.
Nobody else I have tried has a crotch gusset. Everything its cracked up to be and more.

dan

·
Pinky Out
58,491 Posts
Tackle,
for me, its worth it. I'm going on 2 years with the Buck Naked boxerbriefs, Buck Naked tshirts. My 3, two year old Duluthflex cargo pants finally wore thru at the knees, so I had the local seamstress make shorts out of 'em. Other than the knees, they're fine. I'd never gotten that kinda comfort or life outta any brand. Worn out Wrangler cargos, Dickie's, etc. Paid more in a year by buying $17-$20 britches over and over again.
Nobody else I have tried has a crotch gusset. Everything its cracked up to be and more.

dan
Even Carhartt? That's what I have been wearing for the last 10 years.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Tackle,

dan
Valid points. My tools and hunting/fishing equipment i go all out as i like them to last, the primium is worrth it. My weight has been fluctuating like crazy the last 3 years - down 40 up 30 down 70. I've just replaced 15 pairs of pants since I had to crunch and fold them under my belt. I feel like it'd be wasted money.

It annoys me when I have multiple brands of boxers, white ts and socks. I like them all the same for simplicity. Less decisions to make I guess. My hanes comfort cool boxers were like $12 for a 3 pack. Good value.

Longevity of a piece of clothing is definitely worth the price in the right circumstances. I do own a pair of $120 jeans I expect to last 5+ years. White t's turn yellow/grey and stretch out quickly so I usually go cheap.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Even Carhartt? That's what I have been wearing for the last 10 years.
I too have a carhartt, a jacket with 9 years on it. Money well spent. I'm just looking at the clothes I consider 'consumables' or ones that wear out quickly. Boxers, under shirts and socks.

What's a normal number of boxers to have? 6-10? That's a lot of dough to shell at one time.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tackle,
I read ya bro. Its been a fight since '13 (second low back surgery) to keep my girlish figure :).
One of the reasons I still hit the gym is to justify the coin I've dropped on this stuff. Seriously.
The Tshirts I bought were all black for work. And grey for undershirts (dress). The Buck Naked underwear have a very "tall" waistband, so they dont roll down or pinch up.
If you do ever decide to try'em, maybe just order one set (pants, drawers, shirt), and see if its worth it. That was how I ended up a convert.

dan

·
Registered
890 Posts
_250,
I've got a Carhart jacket at camp in Ga, since '06 when we bought the property. But, it sees limited use.
When I tried Carhartt pants before, they didnt have a 'flex' or the crotch gusset. When I look them up now, Carhartt has a 'flex' model, and sports the crotch gusset, but looks to be about the same price as the Duluthflex cargo pant
($70 or so).
I just go with something that I have successful history with.
But, if you like the Carhartts, I see no reason not to use them.
Like I said, I just really appreciated the use I got from DTC stuff, and I'm kinda brand loyal.

dan

·
Pinky Out
58,491 Posts
I too have a carhartt, a jacket with 9 years on it. Money well spent. I'm just looking at the clothes I consider 'consumables' or ones that wear out quickly. Boxers, under shirts and socks.

What's a normal number of boxers to have? 6-10? That's a lot of dough to shell at one time.
My wife made a statement a few months back that I own more "outfits" than she does.......

I just bought 12 more "outfits".........

I don't look at the tag but I can tell which are 32's, 33's, and 34's.........:whistling:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tackle,
once you order from them, DTC will hit you with email promo's that do either free shipping over $xxx,
or 20% entire order, etc.
I didnt buy all at once, I did just enough each paycheck to make the promo worth while.

dan

·
Pinky Out
58,491 Posts
_250,
I've got a Carhart jacket at camp in Ga, since '06 when we bought the property. But, it sees limited use.
When I tried Carhartt pants before, they didnt have a 'flex' or the crotch gusset. When I look them up now, Carhartt has a 'flex' model, and sports the crotch gusset, but looks to be about the same price as the Duluthflex cargo pant
($70 or so).
I just go with something that I have successful history with.
But, if you like the Carhartts, I see no reason not to use them.
Like I said, I just really appreciated the use I got from DTC stuff, and I'm kinda brand loyal.

dan
Same here with brand loyal.

With Carhartt I always did the B11 pants. I occasionally work around chemicals that will eat anything and they hold up better than denim. I might give them a try and wear according to the job.

Thank you for your insite/opinion. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
My wife made a statement a few months back that I own more "outfits" than she does.......

I just bought 12 more "outfits".........

I don't look at the tag but I can tell which are 32's, 33's, and 34's.........:whistling:
Haha. I'm 157 today. Last year, same date I was 212. The 212 pants are now my 'fat pants'. I actually bagged them up and they went in the basement " just in case".

Women's pants seem to have more stretch at the waist and a little tightness in some places isn't bad...

·
AAAMAD
30,413 Posts
_Stick,

the firehose canvas pants are kinda mission specific.
The full-on firehose pants are thick, heavy, and trap heat.
The Duluthflex is way lighter, and cooler, and has a spandex weave that makes them incredibly comfortable.
I install cables in attics in Central Florida, so the Duluthflex cargo pants are all I wear. Hunt in South Georgia, and the full-on pants work great by themselves in cooler weather, and over some UA coldgear in cold weather.
The real beauty of the Duluthflex, is the cargo pockets aren't bloused, so they don't appear all 5.11ish and tacticool. Which is nice, cause I've taken to wearing them instead of jeans casually.

dan

I regularly have to replace my flannel lined carhart pants.

I think. A set of the flannel lined and an unlined pair of 5 pockets are in my near future

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Tackle,
once you order from them, DTC will hit you with email promo's that do either free shipping over $xxx,
or 20% entire order, etc.
I didnt buy all at once, I did just enough each paycheck to make the promo worth while.

dan
I'm actually going to take your advice. I got a good raise yesterday (counter offer actually), I think I'll splurge. We have a Duluth trading co store about an hour away, never been.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tackle,
oh hell, man!!!
You can just go try the [email protected]@t on??!!
I've had to send stuff back once or twice for sizing, but its no big deal, just a delay...and you have a store an hour away...
It'll be worth the drive, Big Dog.

dan

·
Pinky Out
58,491 Posts
Haha. I'm 157 today. Last year, same date I was 212. The 212 pants are now my 'fat pants'. I actually bagged them up and they went in the basement " just in case".

Women's pants seem to have more stretch at the waist and a little tightness in some places isn't bad...
I haven't worn girl pants since the 9th grade when I could make my older sisters pants look like what Motly Crüe , Def Leopard, Skid Row.......etc wore.........:supergrin:

·
Banned
12,203 Posts
Just about all of my everyday clothing is DT and a fair amount of outerwear.
I'm curently on vacation working on my "up north" house and I'm wearing a pair of DT Firehose pants that have seen better days. My goal is to get them to explode when I throw them in the wash.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts