Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 9mm slide for my Glock .40 and was wanting to do a flame job on it to get rid of the miss matched numbers (yes I know it's not everyones cup of tea). All the flame jobs I've seen are laser etched and does not seem to go deep enough. Does anyone know a place that does this? I've searched and searched websites to no avail. And before I slammed, I know for a FACT that it's not stolen and I'm not trying to hide anything, I just don't like the mismatched numbers.

I asked a few friends and they suggested TIG welding over it and grinding it smooth. I was planning to have it hard chromed but I'm not to keen on taking a welder to a slide.

Thanks

· Registered
4,154 Posts
I've had engraving done by Todd at Customized Creationz. It looks pretty deep but I am not sure if it is deep enough for you. I'll get a pic up if you need one but they have plenty on their website.

· Banned
12,630 Posts
As long as you don't alter the frame serial number you're good to go on engraving over the slide, If I had a missed matched gun I would do the same, good luck on your quest..

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had engraving done by Todd at Customized Creationz. It looks pretty deep but I am not sure if it is deep enough for you. I'll get a pic up if you need one but they have plenty on their website.

Wow they do some really cool work. I'll give them a call and see if they can do it. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.