Anyone know of a good glock armorer in Houston?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock4ever84, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Glock4ever84

Glock4ever84

I live in the Katy area and recently bought a new G19 with factory fixed sights and would like to have trijicon night sights installed. I have never done it and would not do it myself because I would want them centered and installed correctly. If anyone could please tell where to go to have them installed in the west Houston area I would really appreciate it. I have heard that SOG Armory are certified glock smiths, but I am not positive.

2. Strizzo

Strizzo

in for the answer, just bought my first glock, a 2nd gen 19

3. Glock Coma

Glock Coma Aluminum Member

TR Graham - The Glocksmith [email protected]
    He is at all of the houston and pasadena gun shows. I have him do most of my glock stuff at the shows.

Briley barrel (west I-10 and Belt area) is good too. May want to give them a call.

I like your slayer avatar.

4. Glock4ever84

Glock4ever84

I'll give him an email and call Briley Barrel. Thanks for the compliment Glock Coma. Listening to them right now while on tower at work.

5. trenchgun

trenchgun

TR Graham - The Glocksmith [email protected]

I agree with the earlier poster, TR Graham, hands down. I have talked
    to him before at the Houston, Texas gun shows, he is who I would go to
    for any Glock related gunsmith issues.

6. Thunderbolt56

Thunderbolt56

I just got a DVD produced by The American Gunsmith Institute called Making Glocks Rock. It's hosted by T.R. Graham and is very informative, easy to understand and I highly recommend it.

I got it at a local gunshow from the Glock Team booth as a warmup for my upcoming Armorer's Course.

I would trust T.R. Graham with any of my Glocks.

7. maierar

maierar

I don't know how things are in TX, but in many places the local PD (if they use Glocks, as many do) has an officer who is the precinct or dept. armorer (usually a time-comp job) who may be willing to take on some side work. They are certified Glock armorers, well versed in keeping Glocks running right (but not necessarily in competition mods). Worth a try if all else fails.

8. bentbiker

bentbiker

You are evidently of the opinion that some sort of certification is necessary to install sights on a Glock. Nothing could be further from the truth; all that is necessary is to have a suitable sight pusher and care about doing it right. While I have had nothing but positive experience with TR, I'd suggest applying the installation fee to the purchase of a pusher and forge a deal with Strizzo to help. You can get a universal pusher for as little as $65 and then you can adjust the sights at the range if that should be necessary. Plus, you'll be ready for your next gun.

9. Thunderbolt56

Thunderbolt56

That's what I did. I actually put together a nice but modest armorer's pouch that I drop in my range bag before heading to the range now. Here's what I have in it:

* Armorer's tool
    * Aro Tek 3/16" front sight nut driver
    * Parallel smooth jawed pliers
    * needle file set
    * Sight pusher
    * Loctite blue and red
    * clean narrow nylon cleaning brush
    * Small reversible screwdriver (to remove connectors)
    * small plastic box with compartments for springs, connectors, guiderods
    * Roll of 1" blue painter's tape (T.R. recommends it as a stable platform for disassembly...and it does work well)

They have these heavy, zippered, nylon pouches at Lowe's right next to the nylon cell phone cases I got for a mag pouch. Cheap and heavy duty. It takes up little room in my range bag and allows for almost any issue that I might want to address.

10. user1

user1 Millennium Member

Thanks to those who encourage Glock owners to work on their own Glocks... The reliability of Glock firearms is well known. One reason for the reliability is the simplicity and minimum number of parts. The inventor knew what he wanted to do and got it done! The current large number of Glock "models" is intimidating to some folks. The good news is, if you have learned to work on one Glock, you can work on any Glock. Attending the 1-day basic Glock Armorer Course is a plus for "anyone and everyone" who owns a Glock. Cast a vote for Glock owners that take the Armorer course and are *not "Professional" armorers. These folks work on their own weapons because they want to and they like to. It can be said for these folks that they "Love Your Glock". Revoke the *re-certification requirement for those Glock owners that intend to work on their own Glocks and do not get paid to work on Glocks owned by other people (i.e., Professional Armorers")

"das höchste Lob für den Erfinder Gaston Glock" g.g.jpg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  11. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Sounds like you're new to Glocks. No biggie as everyone was at one time. Once you're comfortable with Glocks, you'll find why I prefer them due to their simplicity of design (translates to ease of changing parts, detailed cleaning, etc...).

Good luck!

12. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Tactical Elf"

Holy old thread revival Batman.
    I’m an armor and in Katy. :)

TXPO

Chui and mmcbeat like this.
  13. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

The guy that bumped the thread thought the OP’s night sights were getting dim and needed a new set installed.:dancingbanana::dancingbanana:

Chui likes this.
  14. Mike-M

Mike-M

Yep...a decade-old thread by an OP who also hasn't been seen in 10 years, resurrected for no obvious reason.

Post #10 should have been the start of a NEW thread.

There should be no change to the way Glock currently conducts its armorer certification and recertification program, if that was the motivation for thread resurrection.

Chui likes this.
  15. user1

user1 Millennium Member

where did you get the idea that the OP had dim night sights Katy?

mmcbeat likes this.
  16. user1

user1 Millennium Member

>
    YEP...YEP... Resurrected for no obvious reason. YEP...! YEP...YEP.... YEP.. Got You up outta bed just to check out the OP now didn't it 'pard' ???
    "If we are to die let us die like men." Your TN. ancestors must be rolling over in their graves about You 'pard'; that is, IF you got any! No body asked you to opine on the armorer program.

17. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

Ten year old night sights tend to dim a little.:dancing:

18. Patchman

Patchman Florist

In that case I hope the OP now feels confident enough to change a Glock sight by himself!

mmcbeat and Glockdude1 like this.