Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked through some of their open archived content and honestly it was really introductory material, I can't really see the allure of paying $22 bucks a year to join a site that is mostly a blog for instructors to post basic information.

I am just wondering if there is any membership content that makes membership worth while.

·
Kwisatz Haderach in Training
4,019 Posts
Most of the action is on fake book.
CE Harris is there but does not use fb, so a fabulous resouce is almost non avalaible. He does post on the closed member forums.
I check in every 2-3 weeks. Sometimes no new posts for weeks, most is fb.
I don't like paying dues, then having to go elsewhere for the action. Proly won't sign up again.

·
Kwisatz Haderach in Training
4,019 Posts
I have looked through some of their open archived content and honestly it was really introductory material, I can't really see the allure of paying $22 bucks a year to join a site that is mostly a blog for instructors to post basic information.
Added to send you an alert, that you have a response
I am just wondering if there is any membership content that makes membership worth while.

·
Registered
30,077 Posts
I checked it out after Mas suggested I might find it interesting. He was right.

Then again, as a collector of Fedoras and J-frames, and having served as a LE firearms instructor, it was a good fit.

Good bunch of folks on the roster, and they offer a lot of interesting info related to training, history and range meetings (if you live in the East). You can even buy stuff, and get discounts off some misc gear from certain vendors.

I do think it's rather specialized for the revolver shooter, which is the point ... but we may be part of a vanishing breed.

Since I've cheerfully spent more than the cost of a year's membership on a cigar (which went up in smoke), I didn't see it as an imposition. :)

Reactions: glock1097
1 - 7 of 7 Posts