GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
What are your favorite cigars?
Great question. For starters I pretty much smoke Maduro wrapper cigars. I also favor robusto, churchill sizes and torpedo vitolas. In no particular order my favorites are:
  • La Gloria Cubana (Wavell, Series N, and Series R)
  • Punch (Champion in particular)
  • Arturo Fuente (Anejo and Opus X)
  • Oliva V
  • Padron (000 Series thru Anniversary)
  • Montecristo #2 (Cuban)
  • Sancho Panza Double Maduro Alicante (best cheap cigar)
Those are the cigars I tend to reach for time and again over the years.

If you have a specific question about a cigar I didn't list feel free ask anyway. There are good odds I have smoked it or have one in my collection.

There are a lot of very good to great reasonably priced cigars these days. There are several outstanding cigars readily available.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Knives, multitools and arrows as a byproduct of trying new knives and stuff and I like to make arrows(assemble from bare carbon fiber shafts)

I kind of also collect bicycles for specific purposes, and bike parts as a side effect of that.

Tools. I'm always looking for more tools to improve my shop. 6 years ago I didn't even have a power saw, now I've got a decent garage shop. I can work on anything in a house or on a car/motorcycle/bicycle with few exceptions.

Now I'm looking to get a welder to build a bow press to work on my bows more independently.

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,015 Posts
Do bad luck and stupid decisions count? :confused:

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
I've been collecting seashells since I was a little girl. Sometimes I find nice ones on my morning beach run.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Cameras.

Somebody has to do it.

Reactions: 1eyedjack01

·
M62/76
11,948 Posts
Outside of accumulating firearms I tend to collect rarer Simpsons “World of Springfield” stuff.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Colt Revolvers. Don't have a big collection of contemporary revolvers, but they're too expensive now to add to my collection.

·
263 Posts
There are a lot of very good to great reasonably priced cigars these days. There are several outstanding cigars readily available.
Tonight I just bought a full box of Carlos Torano really enjoying those for a daily smoke.

I recently found the My Father selection to be delicious but at $10 a stick I don't do them more than once a week.

I did a lot of LFD in September. I never found a cigar that took me 3 sittings to get through but I smoked one of theirs in just over 2 hours.

One of my recent discoveries is Asylum 13. I like a maduro too and theirs are pretty mild so might not be for you.

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
Tonight I just bought a full box of Carlos Torano really enjoying those for a daily smoke.

I recently found the My Father selection to be delicious but at $10 a stick I don't do them more than once a week.

I did a lot of LFD in September. I never found a cigar that took me 3 sittings to get through but I smoked one of theirs in just over 2 hours.

One of my recent discoveries is Asylum 13. I like a maduro too and theirs are pretty mild so might not be for you.
Both LFD and My Father are in my collection. Both are great smokes. There are so many great cigars out there. To limit my list however, I showed those that are truly my favorites and I reach for.

·
Native Mainiac
18,699 Posts
I've been collecting seashells since I was a little girl. Sometimes I find nice ones on my morning beach run.
Do you sell any??

She sells sea shells by the sea shore.
The shells she sells are surely seashells.
So if she sells shells on the seashore,
I'm sure she sells seashore shells.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts