close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone here tried the Uncle Mike Kydex paddle Holsters

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jgladieux, Nov 19, 2002.

1. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

Looking to get one for the wife but she's short waisted...Thanks

2. 1loneranger

1loneranger

I am shortwaisted also and do not like them, but not for that reason, I've got the bony hips and just don't find it comfortable. What is she carrying?

3. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

She will be carrying a Glock 30, I'm getting it for her so she can start getting use to carrying a holstered handgun and maybe some IDPS
    competition and our local gun club, I wanted to get her a Kramer or a FIST but thats to much money to invest right off the bat not knowing whether she will like holster carry or not, she mostly carries in a Coronado Fanny pack or a Coronado purse..click on the link for my home page to see her Gladieux Family Home Page

4. 1loneranger

1loneranger

blocked, but I carry a 19 daily and that was just not too comfortable

the thing is they are cheap, in case she doesn't like it. The place I go will allow a return in thirty days on accessories, try some shopping to see who offers what

5. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

The UM paddle is notably high ride.
    The belt loop version is lower.
    A Fobus paddle is lower still.
    I don't know how high the low dollar Blade Tech injection molded holster rides, but they have a lady's dropped and offset model in the regular lineup for more money, of course.
    www.blade-tech.com
    ... but I can't raise the site now.

6. MD2B

MD2B

I use the Blade-Tech D.O.H. (DOH? DOH!!) (Dropped Offset Holster). While my hips aren't boney (AHEM! although it would be nice!), it's my favorite holster of all. www.shop.blade-tech.com sells them for around $60. (click online store, holsters, dropped offset holsters)

The problem with most "standard" holsters, is that a holster that fits most guys will situate my weapon just under my armpit - and i'm 5' 08" !!

I highly recommend test-driving anything before buying... that being said, my dad bought this holster for me sight-unseen, and I love it.

I'd recommend some lock-tight though... my kydex mag pouch (as well as the holster) has lost (or almost lost) screws.

Christine