Anyone here shoot Glocks only?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock 17/19, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Glock 17/19

Glock 17/19

Greetings everyone!

Anyone here only shoot Glocks? Reason I am asking I may start doing so. I have several pistols, including a Browning Hi Power, MP 45, as well as some S W revolvers.

Thinking of shooting my Glocks only and possibly " thinning the heard". I would keep my Ruger Vaquero 357 and Browning .22.

Reason: my shooting would improve greatly with my Glocks! Old saying: Man or Women with one gun probably knows how to use it!

Best

Bob

2. GregP220

GregP220

3. happie2shoot

happie2shoot

Many of them old sayings are full of crap.

My Glocks would go long before some of my other guns would.

4. JHCJR

JHCJR

No way. Love my Glocks, but...to use another old say, variety is the spice of life.

Glock.Man likes this.
  5. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

Glock sling-shots only for me....just to be sure!

6. glide

glide Just sayin'

I don't only shoot Glock pistols. I'm good at shooting all my firearms because I've owned them for a while now and I shoot them all quite a bit.

I can't understand why someone would thin out their collection but to shoot only one style of firearms? I'd get bored quick.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  7. rotorwind

rotorwind

Hell no. And I don't only eat chicken either.

happie2shoot likes this.
  8. 1892

Well here I stand guilty as charged... I only own Glock autos--period.

bob8365 likes this.
  9. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Yes, I have heard the saying and decided that to get better one must make sacrifices or adjustments in becoming a better shooter. I have kept (1) revolver 44 Ruger Alaskan and the other (7) Glocks. (2) 17's for competition (3) 26's for strategic location on three floors in the house and (2) 30s for pocket carry. Primarily all have the same sights and trigger and I now shoot all three platforms equally well. I am not a collector, I shoot everything at least once a month and am down to only putting around 10k reloaded rounds down range.

I am not worried about scratches or rust or disorganized with a plethora of parts, I have enough spare parts in a plastic bin 12"x12"x 10" that should last a lifetime. I have enough mags (40) for the 17's (40) for the 26's and (20) for the 30s. The two Dillon 650's along with supplies from Midway and Graff keep the platforms running.

Getting to the range in good weather twice a week and expending 400 rounds is the norm and promotes progress.

Competition was limited this year as evaluations of what I was getting from the $500.00 spent for matches that required travel. I will resume competition on a local level next year and keep it simple and more social than competitive as competition in itself can be counterproductive to the Life style.

In summary, decide what you want to do, and do it, set the Plan in motion. Many people have different views and approaches the above consumes my time by more than 50% and I do not have a lot of time for any deviations.

bob8365, clamcop369 and Glock.Man like this.
  10. smokey45

smokey45

I've considered selling out my other pistols and keeping 7 Glocks. I have some pistols that are worth a few bucks. I might as well have the money while I'm alive. I could happily compete with and carry Glocks only for the rest of my life. At 75 I have to have an exit plan that removes some of the burden on my survivors. My wife has no clue what my guns are worth.
    s45

jbaker30, bob8365 and Glock.Man like this.
  11. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi

Nope, I need different toys.

12. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Understood, fiscal wisdom gives you freedom. Downsizing my long guns and constantly evaluating give me more time to shoot instead of cleaning. We aren't going to live forever, but enjoy the time you have . Right now there have been 10 million new shooters added to the list , now is the time to evaluate and set a plan. Good Luck to you and others considering that LifeStyle evaluation.

Glock.Man likes this.
  13. stevedal12

stevedal12

I like having a variety of guns to shoot. I like my Glocks, but wouldn't get rid of any others, Springfield, Ruger...

14. JJM

JJM

I shoot only (stock) Glock pistols. I kept my Springfield loaded 1911A1, Beretta Cheetah 85FS, Ruger Service Six and Beretta Stampede but never shoot them. The only other handguns I have are collectible and never shot.

15. Glock.Man

Glock.Man

Why is your avatar a revolver?

16. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I can relate OP. In the last couple of years I have taken a Glock and another gun ( PPQ, VP9, M9-A1 etc whatever my new gun is) and I'm always comparing, switching back and forth shooting them.
    Well recently I traded on of the other guns for a NIB Gen4 19. The last Two trips to the range with only the 19 have been way more productive and I'm shooting better than ever. Of course that could have happened with any of the others if I would have concentrated on only one of them. Point is, it's much better to focus on one chosen gun for marksmanship improvement.

17. 9L0ck

9L0ck

At the moment all I have is glock pistols but I have no problem having a mix.

18. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

Have others to chose from but the Glocks always make it to the range :dunno:

19. FYRELT

FYRELT

glocks only

gen4 19 x 3
    gen4 23 x 2

20. bac1023

bac1023

God no

Not that I would, but if I ever starting shooting only one brand or design, it sure wouldn't be Glock.