Anyone here list there house on MLS without a Realtor?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Resqu2, May 27, 2020.

1. Resqu2

Resqu2

Going to list my Townhome soon and would love to have it on MLS but we are doing a FSBO. Anyone use any service that you would recommend? I see some Sites that claim they will do it for a flat $99 fee. Help!

2. 1bigK

1bigK

I am pretty sure that access to MLS is restricted to licensed realtors. There are other sites available, like Zillow, for public to list on or access. They also allow FSBO.

Do a Google search for your area, there are some realtors who charge less than market rate. Good luck with the sale, the market has shifted. I would be leery of anyone who guarantees sale in 30 days or less, they tend to low ball for a fast sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resqu2 likes this.

3. Anicius Julianus

Anicius Julianus

Find a transaction realtor.

Resqu2 likes this.
  4. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    I am interested in coming over for a walkthrough.

If there are any attractive physically active women in the house I would like to speak to them to ask what the situation is with surrounding neighboring hawt chicks that she is a part of.

:wavey:

:supergrin:

Mr Meeseeks and Resqu2 like this.
  5. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    I listed my house by owner in 2017 and sold it in a week. The buyer had a realtor so I paid him an agreed-upon fee to complete the transaction.
    Later on my girlfriend put her house on the market by owner with my help. I was prepared to pay $1500 to list it on the multi list through one of the online services. However I called the realtor that assisted with the sale of my house and I asked him what he would want to list the house on the multi list. He said $1500 and he would take the phone calls with his company sign in the yard. I also agreed that if he Captured a buyer that we would pay him the normal transaction fee of 3%. Otherwise we would pay the buying agent 3%. As opposed to six or 7% on a $300,000 house that you find in a normal deal here.
    In my opinion if you sell by owner you have to agree to pay buyers agents the usual half of the listing fee.
    In my girlfriends case the 2 ladies who sold most of the houses around here didn’t show her house while we had it listed initially. they told her that it is because they really didn’t show houses that weren’t listed with their own agency. They wanted to capture the entire transaction fee By selling in-house listings. Oh and yeah they get extra bonuses like trips for selling in-house listings so they steer their clients away from others.
    I think this is unethical but I also verified it through a complaint by another friend of mine. Her sister came into town to buy a house and the realtor steered her away from the listings that she had found online because it turns out The listings were with other realtors
    Apparently that’s the way it is around here.
    I also paid to get the girlfriends house on redfin, realtor.com,etc. I put it on craigslist too. Craigslist probably generated more realtors looking for listings than anything else. I simply told them to bring me a buyer and get paid a commission.
    We have some of our own open houses which didn’t sell the house but they were kind of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resqu2 and Deanster like this.
  6. Resqu2

Resqu2

Thanks, will look into that. In my area things are selling like crazy. Placed sell within hours or a few days at max if its priced right. I really don’t understand it. Realtors are running adds about needing houses around here.

7. Resqu2

Resqu2

We have bought and sold both with no Realtor involved with either party and I’m hoping this one goes the same way. I’d just like it to be on MLS for the greater audience. My Wife was a Realtor for a bit so she knows the ropes but she didn’t keep an active license. And as for the situation you described, I’d say it is very unethical and if someone wouldn’t show me what I want to see I would part ways in a hurry and probably report them.

VwvertLardnerK likes this.
  8. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"In my area things are selling like crazy. Placed sell within hours or a few days at max if its priced right."

If you know what it's worth, ask around the neighborhood. Someone may know someone who would like to live there.

I closed the sale of my house the first week of April. The deal took about 3 weeks because the closing agency was so busy. Cash, no mortgages, no realtors, no contingencies. My buddy the lawyer supplied a simple puchase contract and the buyer found a reasonable closing agency to do the paperwork for $550. So I paid half and gave my buddy $300 for the contract and some associated paperwork.

I'd already gotten married and moved out, but couldn't decide whether to sell it as is or to hire a general contractor to do the 3rd renovation in the 40 years I'd owned it. I figured I would spend about $75,000 or so on the interior for new kitchen, bath, cental A/C, floor refinishing etc. to bring it up to historic district standards that the buyers have come to expect. :) I'd already done the roof replacement and the entire exterior. When I bought it it was in a fringe neigborhood of turn of the century houses.

Anyway, before I got as far as looking for a service to list it on MLS or interviewing realtors, I mentioned to a few of my neighbors that it had to go and one of them bought it on the spot for $2,000 less than my wishful thinking price. He told me to junk the range and the refrigerator, take my tools and get out.

I would have taken $50k or maybe even $70k less just to avoid the work of fixing it or having it updated. It was all profit and my wife already had a house.

:)

I've been doing a lot of fishing.

Detectorist and Resqu2 like this.