Glock 17 Anyone here have a suppressor for a G17?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BigMak, Jun 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. BigMak

BigMak

Just curious what suppressors are out there that people are using specifically for the G17?

2. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker SuperOwner

I use a SWR/GS9K3. For a barrel I use a Glock 34 barrel cut down and threaded to fit G17.

3. ColGlock

ColGlock

The main thing to remember with the G17 is that you will need a LID/ Neilson device for any can that weights in more than 6-7 ounces.

Other than that you should get a few demos and find out which one sounds best for you.

You might find http://www.silencertests.com/ Useful also.

ColGlock.

4. Otto Maddox

Otto Maddox Repo Man

Good luck with that. ;Q I don't know of many S.O.T.s who keep any number of cans set up for Glocks or any Browning-type lockup for demo. Most might have one, sometimes two. Or maybe not at all.

If you can find someone to demo a can for you, great, otherwise narrow your choices down to the major suppressor manufacturers (people who will be around for awhile and have an established reputation) and go from there.

5. r2kba

r2kba Relax

A "demo" dosent have to be from a dealer. Theres plenty of folks that are willing to let others play with their toys. If I'm at the range, I'l gladly let someone shoot my stuff if they are intrested in their own items.

My dealer regularly has can's of all types, and guns to shoot them on.

6. r2kba

r2kba Relax

I'm diehard Gemtech. Can't go wrong. Also theres SWR. You will, as stated, need an LID for it to cycle, which is a little more cost, but worth it. Plan on spending 800$+

One of my next projects will be a 9mm Glock and a Gemtech Trinity can.

7. Otto Maddox

Otto Maddox Repo Man

And good luck with finding a number of people with suppressed Browning lockup-type pistols. ;Q

8. Otto Maddox

Otto Maddox Repo Man

The AAC Evolution is also a good can.

9. BigMak

BigMak

What is the purpose of a LID? Thanks for the replies.

10. ColGlock

ColGlock

In theory the LID for a brief instant, isolates the the weight of the suppressor from the barrel, allowing the barrel to unlock from the slide thus allowing the gun to cycle.

Some people say that it actually increases recoil, but they are usuallly confusing the LID with the Neilson device.

ColGlock.

11. RenegadeGlocker

You must live an an anti-silencer state. Here In Texas, any outdoor get together will bring together plenty of folks with cans of all types. I also know of at least three dealers in my area that can demo anything they sell.

12. Otto Maddox

Otto Maddox Repo Man

I'm so happy for you. You have no idea how happy that makes me.

Meanwhile, it will not be likely that most people will have access to a dealer who has a large sample of cans or encounter enough individuals with enough different cans to allow for a sufficiently large number of demos unless they attend a large NFA shoot. Most dealers will only have one or two cans in inventory as will most small groups of people. That's called REALITY.

Stick with AAC, SWR, or Gemtech and you'll be fine.

13. RenegadeGlocker

Instead of pissing on BigMak's thread, why not share with us what silencer you have for your Glock 17, and speak from actual experience, as he asked? Or am I the only one who actaully has one?

14. Otto Maddox

Otto Maddox Repo Man

I am speaking from actual experience in regards to demos and what most S.O.T.s have in their inventories.

15. ColGlock

ColGlock

I think that more people might be more inclined to actually believe you if you say tell us were you are, (state, city .)
    Or Gasp introduce your self.

I have 4 dealers within 10 miles of me. All have suppressors.

One even has an onsite range.

ColGlock.

16. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Theres hundreds of them in my part of the world.

17. r2kba

r2kba Relax

I 2nd that one. I shot my .22 can in my dealers backyard. Theres plenty of other dealers in my area that will demo just about any can in stock. I wouldn't mind in the least, either if my dealer test fired my can.

18. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Untill I actually see some evidence, I Don't believe you are even an owner of a can or MG. Prove me wrong, please. And, I 2nd the notion of you ceasing to hiijack threads on here.

Go away.

19. Otto Maddox

Otto Maddox Repo Man

Are you going to include me on your Christmas card list or something? People who need to know me know me, those that don't never needed anything beyond anonymity.

I never claimed that an S.O.T. wouldn't have any suppressors in inventory. Most will have several cans of some type; usually good sellers like rifle cans, a few .22 items, integrally suppressed Rugers of different flavors, etc. I haven't seen many S.O.T.s carry a wide variety of pistol cans set up with a LID/Nielsen device/recoil booster. Maybe one or two, because they're not big sellers.

And I have three or four S.O.T.s within a dozen or so miles of me, too. Big deal.

20. Otto Maddox

Otto Maddox Repo Man

HUNDREDS???? Uh, okay. ;Q