close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone here gonna be at the June 29/30 match in Indy?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by B Coyote, May 4, 2002.

1. B Coyote

B Coyote

Hi all...I just sent my registration for the GSSF match in Indy on June 29/30. Anyone gonna be there? I was thinking of getting a group together for dinner/socializing before or after the match.

Anyone interested? Drop me an email or respond here.

Thanks,
    bc

2. Gunruner

Gunruner

Planning on going up Saturday in the mourning.

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Its' only 3 hours for me so I will be showing up Saturday morning....I got new glasses this year so I can see the front sight and I also received a new right hip about 10 days ago...everything progressing great... I hope to be out on the range this Thursday and try to improve my score, hope to see you, look for someone about 6'4" 245#...with a limp ...I will be wearing a red Glock Talk shirt with FESTUS inscribed on the front. ;a

4. swampmaster

swampmaster

Never shot at a match before but can people just watch I am only about 60 miles north of indy and where is it held at time start ect ect ect

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Swampmaster,

You may watch. You need eye and ear protection, and must sign the liability release at the registration table. I suggest you bring your Glock, 4 magazines and 125 rounds of ammo just in case.:cool:

6. swampmaster

swampmaster

Well I am already in trouble dont have 4 mags to use, and is this limeted to certin glock guns or all welcome I have 20 and a 21 and a friend has a 31 I thought about bringing him and maybe we both could learn something and maybe just maybe sometime in the future we could be more involved in the sport.but have no clue as to what you do target size best ammo for a match, shooting distance,all we do now is shoot at bowling pins and have trouble with them sometimes except with the 686's I think my 20 needs a different barrel cuz it cant hit the side of a barn at 7 yards. Also just wondering where this is at and time it starts

7. B Coyote

B Coyote

I'll be coming down Friday after work. I've never shot any type of match, other than Cowboy shoots...so this is a change for me.

Anyone who wants to meet, drop me an email.

bc

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Any stock Glock will do. 4 mags just mags things easier, and is not a requirement. You can check out all the information you seek at www.gssfonline.com

9. another okie

another okie

It's a long way away, but I've been wanting to visit the homes of Presidents Lincoln and Reagan up in Illinois, so maybe I can combine the GSSF in Indiana with a little car tour up there. If anyone does organize any kind of a social gathering let me know.

As far as mags are concerned, it's really pretty useful to have five of them, since you need four for the plates and can use the fifth to load the extra round you're allowed in the plates and the Glock M event. (If you have high-caps you can load eleven in those events and then chamber one before starting, so you're in the same boat as someone with a 10 rounder and one in the chamber.)

The cheapest mags I've ever found are at Ivanhoe warehouse outlet, which is at Ivanhoeoutlet.com. Sixteen bucks, free shipping if you order more than $25.00 the last time I ordered. They sometimes have deals on high-capacity mags, too. Why not order a bunch? You've spent $500 bucks on a Glock, might as well spend a hundred on enough mags to keep it fed.

10. swampmaster

swampmaster

Well I quess i do have enough mags,oooops cant belive i said that;g but i was thinking hi caps, my bad,i have 3 hi caps for my 21 plus the two 10 rounders that came with it, and have 2 hi caps plus two 10 rounders for my g-20 I buy them as i can but refuse to get raped on them as I go to different gun shops sometimes ya can find a great deal and those are the ones I snap up I quess just like everyone else

I am planning on attending as soon as i find out where it is at but i think i will watch one first so i know what i am getting myself into

Are these matches professionaly done as far as people willing to help a newby or do they just stand back and laugh???????????????

11. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You'll find help, not laughter when you shoot a match. Shoot the first time you go, don't waste the opportunity. If you go to www.gssfonline.com you can see all the stages and see what's up at a match.

12. swampmaster

swampmaster

Well we will take everything and let the butterflies decide what we do shoot or watch lolsounds like fun but would rather crawl in a hole and die than be laughed at by a group of my peers at a event where we all love guns and glocks

13. another okie

another okie

Plan to shoot at your first one. Why waste the chance? For sure take your Glocks and ammo. You can always just watch if you want, but you'll want to shoot. The range officers are used to dealing with new people, and GSSF is a very supportive environment. I've seen people shooting at them who have never fired a handgun before.

14. swampmaster

swampmaster

Thank You I will be there I will be the hurling before I shoot so ya all will know who i am lol still wondering where it is at did not see it listed on the web site

15. Fireglock

It's at Eagle Creek Park Pistol Range. It's in the triangle created by I65, I465 and West 56th Street. Entry is off West 56th Street.

16. swampmaster

swampmaster

Thank you for the info hope to see ya there I like to put faces with names

17. Fireglock

That's just a little too far north for me. I made Richmond and may make Lexington but Indy is just too far. Enjoy your match, you'll have a great time.

18. swampmaster

swampmaster

again thanks for the help

19. B Coyote

B Coyote

Since the match is two days...do we shoot both days, or pick one?

bc

20. Fireglock

Just pick a day. You can shoot either day. If you shoot multiple categories you can do as some do, shoot one or two on Saturday and the rest on Sunday. :)