Anyone heard of UPRS group?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 1811guy, Mar 5, 2010.

1. 1811guy

1811guy Formerly1811guy2

I get a letter from UPRS group saying they can recover "unclaimed assets" in the amount of around $3,000 for a 30% fee. No collection up front, only after the unclaimed assets are recovered. No recovery, no fee. Company has an A rating with the BBB. No personal info was requested, just a signature authorizing them to go after the assets. Sounds like a scam to me. Anyone heard of them?

2. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

They called me a few years ago with the same spiel. I knew I didn't have any such assets and I could never get any good info out of 'em. They wanted way too much personal info on me and I was concerned about ID theft so I passed.

3. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

They send the letters to everyone, and I mean EVERYONE.

Once they get your ok, they then go to the department in your state (All have them) that oversees "lost" or "unclaimed" propety.....usualy deposits, old bank accounts, returned stock dividends and thinks like that. They then let you know if you have any such things in your name, less their 30% of course..........the same thing you could/can do with a couple of clicks on your own computer.

For free.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  4. RetDet

RetDet Millennium Member

I posted this some time ago, and several people found money lying around that was theirs but in the possession of some other business or agency. I've also found thousands for my friends, but not a stinking dime for me or my family. Rat Dookey!!!

Anyway, talke a look at www.unclaimed.org. All you have to do is enter your name, and you may get a pleasant surprise when things pop up. Good luck, and happy hunting. Oh, and if you get lucky, if you'd let me know, I'd appreciate it, just so I can keep track of how much people find. So far, one of my friends has gotten back $1750. That's my highest.

5. 1811guy

1811guy Formerly1811guy2

RetDet - Holy crap!!!

I had $3,000 sitting out there that was a result of overpayment on my wife's tution at a state college several years ago. Thanks buddy. :wavey:

ETA - looks like you set a new record with $3,000. I am pretty sure it is from GI bill money she was supposed to have deposited in her student account that we never saw. The students they had working for them were always screwing up the accounting.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  6. RetDet

RetDet Millennium Member

That makes me happy. You have your money, and I have a new record. I'm glad it worked out for you. Lots of people get 5 or 6 bucks, which is better than nothing, because it actually belongs to them, but you got real money. Have fun with it or put to work. Enjoy.

And, you did it yourself. No commissions, no BS. I'm really happy.

7. 1811guy

1811guy Formerly1811guy2

I did a search for friends and family members and found several more. I sent an e-mail to them to let them know. It sounded exactly like the typical chain letters you see floating around except mine ended with "DO NOT SEND this to anyone, I just thought you should know about your money. I do not want this being passed around like some kind of internet hoax.":rofl:

8. RetDet

RetDet Millennium Member

How does this sound, "Dear 1811guy2. I have very good information that you are owed $3000 by yadayadayada. I know that you're unaware of this, and I'm the only person that can get it to you. If you'll agree to pay me (pick a percentage), I'll do all the work of locating your money and so on and so forth."

That's the way a great many people are picking up money on the side. They simply know about this website and capitalize on the fact that many others don't. There are, I understand, some other websites that will provide the same information. Some are pay sites, but this is the best one and it's free. Note that every state you check in has some sort of statement from their atty general, treasurer, or what have you.

It's a good thing sometimes check each state you or your family have lived in, and also to check under the names of parents and deceased relatives.

Glad to help out.

9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Ok, I found I have a little something from a few years back. Says I need proof that I lived there at the time. Well, I don't have any record that far back, my ex took/threw away all that stuff when she left. Any ideas?

10. 1811guy

1811guy Formerly1811guy2

FOIA - get a copy of your old DL or vehicle registration record from the state you were in.

11. RetDet

RetDet Millennium Member

Find old neighbors, employers, records of utilities, the list is endless.