Anyone having Glock Speed -Loader problems with any magazines??? (Especially G43?)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ADK_40GLKr, Aug 30, 2018.

1. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Correct.jpg I didn’t remember getting a Glock Magazine Speed Loader with my G42, but when I opened the G43 Box at my LGS there was one that fit the G43 mags.

I tried to use it to put a round in the magazine, but pushing down on the loader pivoted the front of the follower UP, obstructing access for the bullet. I told the Gunsmith there that was not right and I thought the mag spring was in backward. He took it into the back room and tinkered with it a bit and came out and told me it was OK, but it still did the same thing.

I loaded a couple rounds by hand and they went in fine, although there was a scraping sound of the spring rubbing inside the mag.. I really didn’t mind, because the resistance is not strong, and I could load them just as easily without the loader. (Getting the base plate off was a bear, but that's par for the course) I figured I’d check the spring positioning while I was at it. The spring looked like it was inserted the way it should be with the top loop of the spring under the FRONT of the follower and the bottom one against the back of the base plate. This would be the intuitive way to position it, but then pressing down on the middle or back of the follower would cause the front to stick up as it had been doing. (The tab in the top of the loader only presses on the BACK side of the follower.)

So I turned the spring AROUND so it's profile was the opposite of the shape of the magazine, with that top loop pressing up on the rear of the base of the follower.

The spring inserts kinda off kilter and just looks wrong, but I believe it should LOOK like it’s going in Bass Ackwards. After reassembling the magazine, the loader worked as it should pressing the whole follower down to accept the cartridge being loaded. AND the spring did not scrape inside the magazine.

These magazines were packaged with the G43 in its case from the factory, so it appears someone on the assembly line was putting the springs in backward.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  2. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Well, I;m glad no one else identifies with the issue I guess very few use the Glock loaders, especially in Pocket Glocks. Did I mention the main reason I was disassembling the G43 mags was to put Pachmayr +0 Pinkie Extensions on them?

3. Lunch Meat

Lunch Meat Tactical Mennonite

4. Nick B

Nick B

Why do you even need a loading tool for a single stack mag that only holds 6 or 7 rounds ?