anyone have this installed on their glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by steve028, Aug 30, 2007.

1. steve028

steve028

click to view does anyone have one of these installed on their glock or have any experience with one? Im thinking of getting one and want a little feedback before i do.

2. Quail Fat

Quail Fat Member

I have no first hand experience experience with them, however I read somewhere they are good for causing malfunctions.

I also read somewhere metal guide rods can cause the lugs on a barrel to eventually crack.

Take it for what it's worth.. free advice:)

3. Hydra-SHOKz

Hydra-SHOKz

Got no experience with the model the fella asked about but I have been running steel guide rods in my Glocks for years and have never cracked a barrel lug or whatever.

4. I have one on my G35 and as of yet, I have had no problems with it. I only use it with my bar-sto barrel. I do carry my G35 for work (armed security) and then it's 100% Glock. I have also used one on my G23 and I seem to recall having one jam while using it.

5. BrianNH

BrianNH

For carry, I say no way, for everything but, I say ok. Those things are too unreliable.

If you believe the .40 and .357 cal glocks are under sprung as I do, I would only recommend the ISMI steel guide rod with their 20# or 22# flat wire spring as one of the most reliable factory guide rod replacements.

6. JimmyN

JimmyN

That's not going to happen, as the guide rod only rests against the barrel lug when the slide is off the frame. It would be a pretty weak lug if it cracked from spring pressure, while the slide assembly is just laying on the bench.

7. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Looks like a lot of $$$ to try something one can't even tune to use?

Have over 30K rounds thru a 34 with the same Wolff rod and same two Wolff springs with no problems, but use it in Gun Games with their "low" 125 PF.

If you can't replace the springs on the EFK unit when needed, wouldn't buy it, personally, FWIW.

8. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

I put Bedair stainless guide rods in all the pistols for which Bedair makes them.
    [​IMG]
    They don't chafe, break, or wear.

9. AustinTx

AustinTx

This the best info you will ever get. And it's free.

10. jack the toad.

jack the toad.

IMO, if you're carrying for defense, leave it alone. Glock has worked that out for you.
    If you're playing games, have at it.