close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone have photos of a G23, G19, and LWD 40-9 feed ramps?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cbsaf, Jan 23, 2010.

1. cbsaf

cbsaf

Anyone have a picture of a factory Glock .40, 9mm, and LWD 40-9 conversion barrel feed ramps in one picture for comparisons?

2. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer

Do you want them with or with out ammo in the chamber? I can have the photos tomorrow if you want.

3. cbsaf

cbsaf

Either way. I am just interested in how they compare to one another.

4. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer

5. cbsaf

cbsaf

Wow, very close. I was just interested because I was reading about converting my G23 to a 9mm. Everyone always says they don't trust conversions but would they still trust a Glock 40-9 conversion more than another brand's 9mm gun?

I read that Kimber 9mm 1911s have the exact same breechface as their .40 guns. Their 38 super guns are different from those.

I think I would trust a Glock with a 40-9 conversion before I would some other factory guns.

6. cbsaf

cbsaf

Since the .40 and 9mm extractors are virtually identical except for a very slight 5 degree angle on the claw, the biggest varible should be the ejector.

Have you guys ever looked into making some sort of quick change ejector system? I wouldn't want to change my ejector housing often because of the possibility of the polymer pin and frame hole loosening up. If you guys could make a trigger housing that could be installed in the frame once, then have .40 and 9mm ejectors snapped in and out of without removal from the frame, that would be ideal. You would probably sell just as many as you sell 40-9 conversion barrels.

7. Zertek

Zertek

Damn good pictures.............

8. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer

cbsaf,
    That is not a bad idea, but if we come up with something like that it will not be in the near future. We have not really had a problem with ejecting and the ones that do have older lower receivers. The spent rounds are hitting them in the face or over there head. Some are using custom guide rods and heavier springs slowing the slide speed and causing sporadic ejection. This is far and few, most of these problems can be resolved by changing ammo. The 115 WWB at WallMart is one of the problems, 99% of all 124gr or heavier ammo will not be an issue.

9. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05