close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone have good crock pot recipes?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by 97guns, Aug 18, 2006.

1. 97guns

97guns

i just bought a pack of country style pork ribs on sale here for .98, cubed them up and threw them into the crock pot with a can of cream of mushroom soup. its not very original but i was thinking of how i could crock pot these today during work as i knew i would be stopping off to pick up a pack at that price. im just gonna plate it up over some white rice when its nice and tender.

2. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

My Rival crockpot came with a small book of recipes the best two are Pot roast and mac 'n cheese which is now off my list because of my blood sugar :sad:

Pretty standard stuff, really.

There are lots of crockpot recipe sites on the web.

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

Pork shoulder roast (any type of pork will do). Dump in a bag of saurkraut (look in the deli meat case for it or even around the pork section). Season with salt and pepper. Start on high to get it going, then low all day or start low, I don't think it matters. If you get home in time, cut up some spuds and drop in, crank it high. Need an hour or so. Or just cook spuds separately, 10-15 minutes boiled in salted water.

Meat should be fall off the bone tender owing to cook time and kraut juice. Kraut will be nicely flavored.

4. method

method

I did some cornish game hens in mine once, turned out great. Added the obligatory mushroom soup, a jar of mushrooms, some baby carrots, some pearl onions, and a can of beer.

5. Dr. Slots

Dr. Slots

Since I have a small crockpot and usually am cooking only for one person this has worked well for me.

I use 4 or 5 cans of beef gravy (you can use less and add water if you like, throw in either eye of round steaks or some london broil. Add a can of mushrooms, some chopped onion and a little garlic. Cook on high for five hours.

This is good over some rice and is filling.

Mike

6. JMag

JMag

We have found that crock pot (slowcooker)cooking of meats is best when cooked SLOWLY. The meat is much more tender than cooking at higher temps.

I guess that's why they are also called slowcookers...

7. Mrs. Crit

Mrs. Crit

This is a favorite here. My husband really likes it and it is nice and flavorful.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

4 chicken breast halves (I used three frozen breasts from a bag - 2 larger and 1 smaller)
    2 15 oz. cans of black beans, undrained
    1 15 oz. can of sweet corn
    2 15 oz. cans of diced tomatoes in sauce
    1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
    1 4 oz. can of chopped green chiles
    1 small to medium onion, chopped

1. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker
    2. Cover. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (I cooked on High for like three then kicked it down to Low for the rest)
    3. Just before serving, remove chicken, slice/tear into bite-size pieces, then re-add to the soup and stir in.
    4. Ladle it up with grated cheese and tortilla chips either on the side or crumbled into

I marinated my chicken breasts for an hour or so in smoked chipotles in adobo sauce. A small can that I found in the mexican aisle at Kroger. I did NOT put the chipotles into the soup, FYI. Smoked chipotles are hot, hot, HOT! I just dumped them off of the chicken and put them down the disposal when I was done with them