Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I own 11 chainsaws. All of them gas, and all of them well used. I’m getting ready to cut down two big trees that I have to climb and de-limb before I drop the trunk. I Already have Milwaukee lithium batteries, so I was thinking of getting a battery powered chainsaw.

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with this chainsaw?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Not the chain saw but we have Milwaukee tools at work. They are great. Just don't get em soaked with water. The grinders will run a 6" blade but the battery's run down quick. Im sold on the quality and power of em. The sawsall and circular saw work great. If I needed a cordless chain saw I wouldn't hesitate to get one

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the chain saw but we have Milwaukee tools at work. They are great. Just don't get em soaked with water. The grinders will run a 6" blade but the battery's run down quick. Im sold on the quality and power of em. The sawsall and circular saw work great. If I needed a cordless chain saw I wouldn't hesitate to get one
Yea, I went from DeWalt NiCad
to Milwaukee Lithum

I’m very pleased

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I'm not a fan of the dewalts. Biggest thing is the impact is on or off. The Milwaukee I can controll the speed easily. I could put in a dry wall screw with my 3/4 and not go thru with the trigger controll on it

·
Registered
257 Posts
The chainsaws are great. I cant get a full cord out of a charge like they advertised but pretty close and I don't care because I have 2 chargers and 6 batteries. They are sweet! The weirdest part is the noise difference while cutting.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I've been wantin' one for a couple years. They're not cheap, but everyone likes them. I like 'em because they use 3/8 chain.

I'm sick of listening to my saw scream in the early morning. Besides, I've got a Milwaukee string trimmer that's great!

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's an occasional use homeowner saw. Will not stand up to heavy use, the chain is thinner than a standard chain. The studs used to tighten the bar are not threaded into the body, they are pressed into the plastic. I tried to rescue one that was a shop tool not treated like it was personally owned, sadly, it could not be resuscitated.

·
NRA Life Member
66,497 Posts
My brother and I own 11 chainsaws. All of them gas, and all of them well used. I’m getting ready to cut down two big trees that I have to climb and de-limb before I drop the trunk. I Already have Milwaukee lithium batteries, so I was thinking of getting a battery powered chainsaw.

Not specifically Milwaukee, but those battery chainsaws work way better than you'd expect. My wife has cut down has the small trees in the yard with one (Ryobi, I think).

·
Huge Member
11,405 Posts
Know nothing about electric chainsaws but since we are talking chainsaws and there seems to be a lot of experience here let me ask this question...

My Stihl chain saw chain is stretched beyond the adjustment range of my blade. It does not have master link. Could I grind the rivets off a couple links and shorten the chain using a master link to reconnect it? I already bought a new chain but would like to keep it as a backup. I hate to throw stuff away.

Reactions: nitesit(+ an e)

·
Registered
29 Posts

I have a Makita. It works great for short jobs. It is more powerful than I expected amp is packaged well.

Easy to assemble. I’m a convert.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Know nothing about electric chainsaws but since we are talking chainsaws and there seems to be a lot of experience here let me ask this question...

My Stihl chain saw chain is stretched beyond the adjustment range of my blade. It does not have master link. Could I grind the rivets off a couple links and shorten the chain using a master link to reconnect it? I already bought a new chain but would like to keep it as a backup. I hate to throw stuff away.
You can definitely shorten the chain. But if yours is stretched that far then it needs to be replaced because the chain and sprocket no longer aline with each other. I don’t think I’ve ever had a chain stretch so far that it couldn’t be tightened on the saw. Make sure you replace it with a good chain.
Also make sure the chain is adjusted properly. Not too tight OR too loose!

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
I have a few Rigid 18V LI tools. The circular saw will drain a battery fast. I had a Makita battery saw in my Amazon basket for a couple years. Another thread like this got me to look again. I just used my Echo CCS-58V4AH for the first time yesterday and was impressed with it. In the link below, several saws were tested in the review. Milwaukee was the top pick, Echo was the editor's choice and Husqvarna was the best value. Technology moves on giving us some good options today.

https://www.amazon.com/ospublishing...n_US&tag=tgl0a3-20&cv_ct_cx=cordless+chainsaw

I cut about 1/2 a pick up load, w/o draining the battery. It took another tree before the battery died. This saw has some power and cuts fast.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just bought a Dewalt chain saw and am amazed how great it is. I would recommend it or the Big M.

on another note my friend had a Milwaukee ice auger that we use for sturgeon fishing. Just as quick as a gas model and much easier.

·
Registered
18,054 Posts
I am seriously looking at a Ryobi 40v chainsaw. I have the string trimmer and blower and they truly have power equal to the gas models I own. I expect the chainsaw would be a good performer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using Milwaukee battery-powered chainsaw since 2018. its an amazing and powerful chainsaw. I a using this without zero troubles.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
From what I understand for the milwaukee, you really need to use the 12 amp battery with it, anything smaller and you won't get decent performance out of it.

·
Premium Member
26,296 Posts
IMO great for a ladder, climbing saw. I hated climbing with running saw, or starting it in tree. (Yes you should never cut unless both feet on ground).....

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,519 Posts
I am using Milwaukee battery-powered chainsaw since 2018. its an amazing and powerful chainsaw. I a using this without zero troubles.
So, it's giving trouble then? I'm confused by the double negative.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts