close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone have an NJ or NYC concealed carry?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by alfred10, Jan 6, 2010.

1. alfred10

alfred10

Does anyone have one of these? Whats the justified reason you would need to get one? Couldnt someone just become an armored car driver once a year and get one?

2. PuroMexicano

PuroMexicano VIVA MEXICO !!!

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I doubt that would fly... They would probably only issue it on a conditional basis, or state that it can only be carried while working... either way I'm guessing they'd find out when you left, and revoke your permit.

IGF

4. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

Pretty much the same as MD. Armed security guarded can only usually carry on the job.

5. fx77

fx77 CLM

Imus
    Howard Stern
    U ha ha ha

6. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

I have a NYC Unrestricted Concealed Carry Handgun License.

All I had to do was give 20 years of my life to get it.

Armored guards are licensed to carry only while working.

If you can show that you have to transport $10,000 USC receipts or more per week you stand a remote chance of getting one.

7. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Did I ever mention that the first line of your signature always cracks me up?

8. viniglock

viniglock

Right-To-Carry Law Type: Restrictive May Issue. In order for an upstate licensee to lawfully carry a handgun in New York City, he/she must first make application with the New York City Police Department to have their permit "validated." An investigation will be conducted to determine the authenticity of the license, after which a "needs assessment" will be conducted to determine whether the applicant has sufficiently demonstrated a "need" to possess a handgun under the circumstances provided.

The simple desire to possess a handgun while in New York City, without some other extenuating circumstances, will not serve to present a "need" suitable to receive authorization. In cases where "need" is sufficiently demonstrated, permission will be given, usually for a specific period of time, after which the process would start over again.

Every handgun must be entered into the CoBIS according to 18.2(9NYCRR Section 493.2). This mandates that a ballistic sample is taken and placed in the ballistic data bank of every gun allowed in the state after March 1, 2001.

9. MarccraM

MarccraM

I moved from NY to FL in 1988.... These kind of posts always make me thankful!!:wavey:

10. FLGUY

FLGUY Guest

I lived the first 40 years of my life in NJ. Trust me, unless you're a LEO or politically connected you can forget about EVER getting a CCW. Moved to FL, made application and in 14 days got my CCW.

11. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I'll bet these places are crime free so there really shouldn't be a need to CCW.
    :rofl:

12. Kozel

Kozel

13. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

The regional colt dealer was denied a CCW twice in the 90s. He got it the third appeal. In NJ it's a catch 22, you apply and are rejected you now have to mark that you have been denied an application, which means they will reject anything you file and you have to appeal it.

14. G22Dude

G22Dude

In Jersey you can be issued a highly restricted carry permit in relation to employment, mostly couriers. Otherwise, its almost unheard of. If you can miraculously convince a county court judge then maybe you can get one

15. Dragline

Dragline

I had a friend in NJ that was the manager of a retail store with high value products and numerous cash transactions that managed to (sort of) get a carry permit.
    The conditions by which he could carry it were extremely specific and restrictive. It was for one specific gun only, to be carried during work hours only, and here was the kicker...if I remember correctly, he was actually NOT authorized to carry the weapon into a bank when making a deposit.
    Basically I think he was only licensed to carry the gun from home to car when driving to work, and then from car into the workplace. That was pretty much it.

16. PuroMexicano

PuroMexicano VIVA MEXICO !!!

tks :wavey:

17. xray678

xray678

Has anyone ever filed a lawsuit against NYC or NJ? It seems to me their restrictive laws on carrying a firearm are unconsitutional. I'm glad I live in GA where my right to carry a firearm to defend myself and my family is honored.