Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Federal Member
29,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when you think you have seen/bought every type of holster, along comes a new one.

Savage Holster™
Finger Thumb Font Automotive tire Street fashion

I am a holster junkie, I can admit it!!

Reactions: hogship

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks like a very good way to get a Glock leg to me. I'm not a fan of any holster that has anything near the trigger. Don't want to come across as snarky but the way the rails extend into the trigger area would cause me concern.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
20,137 Posts
My fobus works just as well

·
Private side
11,791 Posts
Do I have to add that rail adapter trash for it to work?

·
NRA Life Member
68,265 Posts
Doesn't look good for much, but I'd try one for competition, if I shot in some match where it was allowed.

EDIT: after watching the draw on their web site a few times, I probably wouldn't even try it for competition. There's just no advantage to it.

·
Come on man!!
17,067 Posts
It does nothing to protect the muzzle of the firearm from dirt and debris.

What if I'm fast-roping down with Seal Team 6, something I do all the time, and I land in some mud or something?

Next thing you know I'm trying to smoke check some Isissy terrorist that's holding some innocent Christian hostage and I pull the trigger on my Glock and it goes kaboom because my barrel is full of mud, or sand, of the teeth of some other dead terrorist. Sorry, no dice Savage.

It's not for me or my team 6 homies. We'll all pass.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nope just nope. Other than as a race gun holster for a newbie I see no use or positives. All I see is an accident waiting to happen.

·
Federal Member
29,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like a very good way to get a Glock leg to me. I'm not a fan of any holster that has anything near the trigger. Don't want to come across as snarky but the way the rails extend into the trigger area would cause me concern.
I have shooting Glocks for many years. What is "Glock Leg"???

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have shooting Glocks for many years. What is "Glock Leg"???
It’s like Sig Leg… only with a Glock.

Yep. When someone shoots their leg due to poor weapon handling or a goofy holster design. An agency near me has quite a few "oops" holes in floors, walls, desks and at least one leg. Known as a Glock leg since it was a Glock that was used. There is also a little known video of a professional shooting himself in the leg with a Glock. I carry a Glock every day so I'm not bashing the gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts