Anyone have a red dot on their Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cambo, May 31, 2007.

1. Cambo

Cambo

I am thinking about putting a red dot sight(C more) on one of my Glocks. My only concern is that all 3 of them (17L, 19, 22) eject straight up. A mount may be a problem for them. Glockmeister has a mount they claim doesn't interfere with ejection, but I don't know if I should believe that. I know you can have the ejection port lowered or extractor changed, but I would prefer not to, it's not that important. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. Ruffshot

Ruffshot

I have been considering a dot optic for one of my glocks but I think the ejection port has to be lowered some. I have seen the Carver mount on a gun but didn't get a close enough look at it to tell if the ejection port was lowered. I use a CR-Speed holster and I think it has to be modified also if you put a Carver mount on it.

3. D. Manley

D. Manley

There's a couple of things you might consider. First, Carver's "Hunter" mount is a tad higher and makes lowering the ejection port far less of an issue especially, using stock or "standard" barrels. I run one occasionally (W/CMore and comped KKM barrel) and had very few issues. Of the problems I did have, I found most were due to the comp's effect on ejection combined with, the ejected round bouncing off the mount back into the breech while cycling.

B&B Enterprises sells a trigger housing modified by Dale Rhea with a lengthed ejector that totally solved the problem. Prior to installing the modified ejector, to run problem free I had to drop it down to an 11 Lb recoil spring to shoot 115 grain loads (the heavier the bullet the better it ran) and even then, had a round get caught on occasion. With the modified ejector I can run a 13 or 15 LB and shoot just about any weight...the longer ejector slings the brass plenty clear. (SEE BELOW)

[​IMG]

Bottom line is, if you are running an OEM or non-comped barrel, the higher Carver Mount is probably all you will need. If you are running comped, the longer ejector (with the higher mount) will probably solve any problem. All this of course, means diddly-squat if you intend to lower your ejection port.

If you have any technical questions on this I would suggest you contact Bobby Carver directly. He will respond to email and he's not only very knowledgeable about the in's and outs of using these setups, he's one helluva nice guy as well.