Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that once again someone has one of these listed on the local gun trading site. G26 frame with 19 slide and a dust cover. They’ve never posted a picture so I wonder if anyone here has made one and do you have a picture of it? I really like the concept but don’t want to invest in the bits and pieces unless some folks have validated this. G26 frames are reasonable on GB but i’ll have to save my SBUX money for a year or so for a factory 19 upper ... :(

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,215 Posts
I see that once again someone has one of these listed on the local gun trading site. G26 frame with 19 slide and a dust cover. They’ve never posted a picture so I wonder if anyone here has made one and do you have a picture of it? I really like the concept but don’t want to invest in the bits and pieces unless some folks have validated this. G26 frames are reasonable on GB but i’ll have to save my SBUX money for a year or so for a factory 19 upper ... :(
Even if it works flawlessly, why would you need/want one? You can simply put an Xgrip on a G19 mag and put it in the G26 and you have a 26X. Works flawlessly because it was designed to work that way and feel great in the hand. This is what I did with my G26 when I carried it off-duty and still have it in that configuration. Costs about $10, looks great and accomplishes the goal.

·
Elite Member
6,649 Posts
I see you must be in VA as well. I was just looking at that, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
328 Posts
Even if it works flawlessly, why would you need/want one? You can simply put an Xgrip on a G19 mag and put it in the G26 and you have a 26X. Works flawlessly because it was designed to work that way and feel great in the hand. This is what I did with my G26 when I carried it off-duty and still have it in that configuration. Costs about $10, looks great and accomplishes the goal.
That's not what he's wanting to do.
I wanted one for the longer sight radius and shorter grip. And because...Why not? Its my gun.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,215 Posts
I misread his post. Still consider it a waste of time and money. But yes, it's his pistol and he can do as he pleases. However, the 'want longer sight radius' is a lame reason imo because you're talking about a 1/2 inch difference...which really isn't a difference. Going from a G26 to a G34 or 17L is a difference. But different strokes for different folks.

·
I'm not retired
7,273 Posts
My next Glock project is to cut a G17 (Gen 4, preferably) to accept G26 mags. It's not a necessity nor will it do anything better than any OEM Glock already does...it's just a want. I've gotten so accustomed to the G26 grip that I want a longer slide to go with it. I have all the comp models....I want a G26 comp model to compliment my collection.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I'm going to build one from a G26 Gen3 Frame and an extra G19 P80 Slide that I have. I got the slide when I went to an optic cut slide on a custom G19 that I built. Why, because it's something different. And I don't care if somebody thinks it's a waste. I also plan to buy a G47 if I ever find one at a decent price.

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
8,781 Posts
Well, I have (3) 17’s and (3) 26’s. I have (40) mags for the 17’s and (40) mags with extensions for the 26’s.

If I wanted to compete with the 17 mags..... an x grip would cost $400.00 for 40 or very slow reloads.

Yup I could see a 26/17 for my larger hands.

ps Why would I want to? Ive competed with the 26’s with good results.....the bigger grip is easier, the 26 slide faster. The reality though is Im done competing and playing gun games. So the idea is moot to me, but it has merit.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,215 Posts
I have about as many G19/17 mags. But I only have a couple of Xgrips and really on use one of them and the other is a spare. You don't 'need' an Xgrip to be able to use a G19/17 mag in a G26. It is cosmetic. So if you wanted to compete, you can for zero dollars as far as G17 mags in a G26. And it will shoot just as accurate. Been doing it for decades.

·
On the Border
15,282 Posts
I have about as many G19/17 mags. But I only have a couple of Xgrips and really on use one of them and the other is a spare. You don't 'need' an Xgrip to be able to use a G19/17 mag in a G26. It is cosmetic. So if you wanted to compete, you can for zero dollars as far as G17 mags in a G26. And it will shoot just as accurate. Been doing it for decades.
But standing reloads are much more difficult with a sub-compact. And most people have an advantage with a full size frame over a compact, regardless of hand size.

·
8,781 Posts
Listen, I disagree, Ive competed for 20 years and either in GSSF , Steel Challenge, IDPA or USPSA, you are not going to have time to use your X grips on multiple mags and have a decent time.

Sorry but the x. Grips I had attached to the mags not the frame. I do not and will not use a 17 mag in a 26 bareback.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
... And because...Why not? Its my gun
russell schoof and Crane 1 - Thank you! I’ve reached the point in my life (like so, so many others here, I am sure) that I can afford silly stuff and experiments like this. Plus, the LWD dust cover doohickey sounds interesting. It’ll be different and the SN’s won’t match but it’ll be, as the saying goes, mines :)

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,215 Posts
Listen, I disagree, Ive competed for 20 years and either in GSSF , Steel Challenge, IDPA or USPSA, you are not going to have time to use your X grips on multiple mags and have a decent time.
If you're talking about taking the Xgrip off one mag and transferring it to another mag, I agree with you as far as 'time'. However, I wasn't suggesting that.

Sorry but the x. Grips I had attached to the mags not the frame
That is correct, that is how it was designed.

I do not and will not use a 17 mag in a 26 bareback.
That's your choice, though I don't know why you'd feel that way. I've been doing it for decades and is how the pistol was designed. It has no functional drawbacks and works fine. I've shot in all types of classes/courses with 'bareback' G19/17 mags in a G26 frame and it simply works, works well and is how it was designed. An Xgrip is simply cosmetic but a nice feature.

·
8,781 Posts
If you're talking about taking the Xgrip off one mag and transferring it to another mag, I agree with you as far as 'time'. However, I wasn't suggesting that.

That is correct, that is how it was designed.

That's your choice, though I don't know why you'd feel that way. I've been doing it for decades and is how the pistol was designed. It has no functional drawbacks and works fine. I've shot in all types of classes/courses with 'bareback' G19/17 mags in a G26 frame and it simply works, works well and is how it was designed. An Xgrip is simply cosmetic but a nice feature.
Lol, I bet you do not use carry loads to compete with either. The last (5) years I competed with loads that emulated my carry loads.

My goals and path were different than yours.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,215 Posts
Lol, I bet you do not use carry loads to compete with either. The last (5) years I competed with loads that emulated my carry loads.
I'm afraid that is a bet you would have lost. For the last 29 years I've trained with my carry loads. Every re-qual, course, class or teaching session. And if it wasn't the exact ammo (HP) it was the (FMJ) equivalent in bullet weight, velocity, POI etc.

Doesn't have anything to do with using a G19/17 mag in a G26. It works because that is how it was designed, by Glock, to work. Not sure why that's an issue for you?

My goals and path were different than yours.
Okay.

·
8,781 Posts
I'm afraid that is a bet you would have lost. For the last 29 years I've trained with my carry loads. Every re-qual, course, class or teaching session. And if it wasn't the exact ammo (HP) it was the (FMJ) equivalent in bullet weight, velocity, POI etc.

Doesn't have anything to do with using a G19/17 mag in a G26. It works because that is how it was designed, by Glock, to work. Not sure why that's an issue for you?

Okay.
Well getting trigger time that emulates carry loads allows for a better shooter over time.

I had (80) mags each for the 26 and for the 17’s. The 26 all had Pearce extensions and the 17’s all had Wolff plus 10% springs in them....yeah alot of money, my money my decision. I downsized about three years ago and gifted half the mags to friends and relatives.

Why dont I like a bareback mag in a platform.....because I do not half to, nor want to.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,215 Posts
Well getting trigger time that emulates carry loads allows for a better shooter over time.
I agree.

yeah alot of money, my money my decision.
That's fine, we all spend our $ on what we feel is important.

Why dont I like a bareback mag in a platform.....because I do not half to, nor want to.
Okay, and that's fine. It's a personal decision rather one based on functionality. That is my point. It works and works very well because that's how Glock designed it. That is a feather in the cap for Glock imo. They aren't the only ones of course, my P30 mags work in my P30sk as one example. With or without an Xgrip. I like the options it provides and the functionality of the platform

When I carry my G26 it is with a G19 mag and an Xgrip with a g19 mag as a back up. The back up G19 mag doesn't have an Xgrip because it isn't needed and if I'm into the spare mag I have bigger issues than aesthetics, lol.

:)

·
Banned
328 Posts
I misread his post. Still consider it a waste of time and money. But yes, it's his pistol and he can do as he pleases. However, the 'want longer sight radius' is a lame reason imo because you're talking about a 1/2 inch difference...which really isn't a difference. Going from a G26 to a G34 or 17L is a difference. But different strokes for different folks.
its not a waste of money at all,. lol.. especially if you already have a 26 and a 19.. Half inch is a half inch, I'll take it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts