Anyone have a cat like mine?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Henry Krinkle, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Henry Krinkle

Henry Krinkle Skeptic

So my wife and I adopted a cat from a friend of mine's parents. He's just about a year old now and fixed. This is our first cat (I always grew up with dogs) and he's one interesting creature.

For one thing, he does not like to be held. When I pick him up (and I do it everyday even though he doesn't like it) he meows and the claws slowly start to come out. (my wife and I describe it as "he's getting all pointy") He's not that anti social though, he usually likes to be near you (i.e. on the computer desk or at the foot of the bed).

But the really funny thing is that this cat will play fetch. I don't mean he will run after things you throw. It's very specific in that he only plays fetch with cough drops that are still in the wrapper. He'll chase them like crazy then come back to you, drop the cough drop at your feet and meow until you throw it again.

2. pugman

pugman

Our Cat-Devito--is one strange little dude. He is a cat who thinks he is a dog; could be the fact he is a cat living in a dog house. Like you, I've always had dogs (we have three pugs right now).

First history-the "d-man" was found in a dump, brought to my wife's clinic for his last trip, looked up at my wife (who is a Vet tech) and that is all she wrote, he came home with her. He has buck teeth, mega-colon, and a severly messed up spine. He is a Muchin cat, and if you don't know the breed, their legs are only like 2" long. Basically this kittie has issues.

He begs like a dog, barks (aka meows) at things like a dog (people, cars, etc) and plays fetch with milk container rings (and for you cat owners, these are great cheap toys for cats, my wife's clinic recommends them all the time)

Basically, Devito is a cat living in a dog's world and I guess he figured can't beat em, might as well join them.

3. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

My cat has some mannerisms like those also. She will fetch and play ball, brings the ball right back to me and will even drop it right in my hand sometimes. Knows what I mean and gets real excited if I ask her where her ball is. Growls at strangers. Real affectionate and social with her "family" though, does not care to be held in the arms for more than a minute.

4. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

My one cat comes when called, sits on command and plays fetch.