close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone HATE their Glock 34’s? Buyers Remorse Why??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by akapennypincher, Jan 26, 2003.

Tags:
  1. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Sold a gun yesterday at Ye Old Gun Show, and have almost enough to buy a Glock 34 for 549.00 + Tax. Was wondering if any Glock 34 Owners have had Buyers Remorse, on buying a Glock 34, and wished they had purchased another Model Glock, or ??

If you are one of those with Buyers Remorse what should you have bought, or what was it you would have bought instead of the Glock 34.......

2. lowandleft

lowandleft

Interesting question, I was just trying to figure out how to sell my other models to get a second 34. I get tired of changing sites and add-ons depending upon match type (gssf, idpa, uspsa). Everytime I try using the 17 I keep going back to the 34. Comes with the extras so you don't have to change the connector, slide release, and mag release, and it's more accurate. I do find it a tad long for a carry gun but for general shooting and competition my only remorse for the 34 is that I only have one.

3. GlockRik

GlockRik

I have bought 4 Glocks in the past 18 months, a G26, a couple of 36's and a G34. The 34 is my favorite. If you like glocks, there is a lot to like about the 34.
    Good Glokin, Rik

4. Trsnrtr

Trsnrtr

I own a 34 and like it a lot. However, I've noticed some problems with follow-up shots in competition being a little scattered. I haven't had time to really delve into it since I generally shoot a G22 anyway, but I wonder if the longer overall length handles poorly in my hands.

Maybe I just need to spend more quality time with it. ;)

5. byerly

byerly The Catalyst Millennium Member

No, but my shooting buddies have!

6. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

People unhappy withthe 34's usually just wish they still had the lorcins... for bullseye matches...

7. BULM5

BULM5

Front sight, Front sight

8. powernoodle

powernoodle

I've owned 10 Glocks. The only one I sold was the 34. Couldnt get the thing to make it thru a mag without multiple FTF. Sent it to Smyrna, and the prob continued. No one thinks they are a limp wrister, me included, but to make sure others tried the gun and had the same prob. Traded it for a 35. Should have kept it and rung it out real good w/ some hot ammo and stuck w/ it until it was fixed. Something wasn't right w/ it, but I was too impatient to figure it out.

9. Willard

Willard Who, me?

I won a gun certificate at Conyers last year (2002), and spent a month debating what Glock to get next. I finally decided on the G34. Love it. I wondered whether it would be noticibly (sp?) better to shoot than my G17 - it is.

I really like it. More accurate, less muzzle rise. Some have written that it "cycles to slowly for their follow-up shots..." Um, I wouldn't know about that - it cycles faster (and smoother) than I can.

I don't think you'll regret it.

10. shootingbuff

shootingbuff Millennium Member

==========

Intersesting view. I disagree though becasue I never have owned nor have the want/need to own a Lorcin.

As to the org question I have no regrets. The 34 is not for me ( I perfer the 19/26) and a budd is sorta wondering if he should not have bought his (he perfers a 17/21).

I have anther budd that has shot mine and other 34s but will stay with the 17/19.

Yet anther likes his alot.

Bottom line is it is a personal choice. Nothing more and nothing less.

That is not knocking Glock at all. We all carry and shoot other models of Glocks.

Try before you buy if possible.

sb

11. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

I dislike my G34 (SSP/Production)so much because it just makes me keep throwing money at it. But then again so do all of my firearms...;)

12. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

it seems to me that

the extra barrel length on the 34 slows down the draw,

and it somewhat limits holster selection (although i am still totally in love with my sidearmor iwb that patricia opened the nose up on to take the 34)

i was carrying the 17 thru the fall (alot of gssf matches in the southeast in the fall), and the 34 thru the rest of the year (i occasionally shoot in idpa if i am allowed out of the house)

if i had to sell one of them (the 17 or the 34) and wanted to do it all (idpa and gssf).... the 34 would go

if i didnt shoot gssf (and only shot idpa) the 17 would go

your results may vary

13. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

Like Willard, I got my 34 with a cert I got at Conyers (RO drawing -- strictly luck, had nothing to do with my shooting ability or lack thereof;f). I really like it. If I could change my choice, I'd get a 17L -- unfortunately, those are no longer available from Glock, at least with a GSSF cert ;1 . My primary reason for getting the 34 is that I've got a 10 year old son that is shooting GSSF with me, and I figured that the longer slide/barrel (vs my 17) would be easier for him to use (and it is). On top of that, I think they look really awesome!;e Honestly, though, I don't feel I've shot/compared them enough to really say which I like better.

That reasoning aside, I agree with Rusty's thoughts -- if I were looking at shooting GSSF and didn't already have something I could use for AmCiv, I wouldn't get a 34 since it can only be used in the Unlimited (aka shark waters) and Competition categories. If I were looking at shooting IDPA and wanted the advantage of light caliber and long sight radius, I would most definitely put serious consideration into the 34.

The 34 is a great gun (aren't they ALL??), but if it were my only Glock and not specifically for competition other than GSSF, my choice would be one of the other ones. Which one would simply be based on what purpose it was to fill...

FWIW;f

14. MFinch

MFinch Guest

The 34 shoots pretty good but not any more accurate than my 17. My most accurate is the 24 which will be my unlimited gun this year over the 34. Different balance and different recoil sensation using target loads in both. Did shoot 100% on the concealed carry qualifier with the 34 though???? If I had only one Glock, it would be my 17. Good luck on your decision.

15. Joe D

Joe D Guest

I noticed that the G34 seems to have a little more muzzle flip than the G17. I let several of my buds that own 17s shoot my 34 and they said the same thing.
    The softest shooting Glock I own is a G35 downloaded to the IDPA 125 PF using a 180 grain bullet and 3.2 gr. of Titegroup powder. I don't shoot that combo anymore as I just use my standard 169 PF IPSC load of 4.3 gr. of Titegroup with the same bullet.

16. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Thanks for all the replies....;)