Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just pixels
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than having the stand out like sore thumb “totally smooth” texture or stippling after undercutting a trigger guard or other work, wondered if there was a grit/pressure level bead blasting that mimicked the factory frame appearance?

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I have done my share of bead blasting , my suggestion is find a similar material to practice with.

Mask off the holes and action that tou dont want to get sand in.

A medium air pressure to start.
Find a steady rate of movement with 50 percent of overlap.
The end result is thw project piece needs to have an even look to it. It isnt difficult at all.

If you have problems and are in the Detroit area, I will do it for you.
Elwood

Reactions: Ranger357

·
Super Moderator
20,036 Posts
Rather than having the stand out like sore thumb “totally smooth” texture or stippling after undercutting a trigger guard or other work, wondered if there was a grit/pressure level bead blasting that mimicked the factory frame appearance?
I've been wondering the exact same thing.

I just want to restore the factory-rough feel on the parts of my Gen3 Glocks that get carried and rubbed smooth/shiny; mainly, the vertical areas between the fingergrooves, textured grip panels on the sides of the grip-frame, and the checkered backstrap, along with the entire area where the web of the shooting hand comes into contact with the grip. The difference is very noticeable when I compare my old carry Glocks and a new Gen3.

·
σαρκασμός
785 Posts
Bead blasting doesn’t do much to raise the tooth of a part, light abrasive blasting does. I would test it on a Glock mag loader and see if it does what you need it to do.

·
Super Moderator
20,036 Posts
Bead blasting doesn’t do much to raise the tooth of a part, light abrasive blasting does. I would test it on a Glock mag loader and see if it does what you need it to do.
Yes, grit-blasting with a medium- or coarse-grain abrasive is more what I'm wanting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts