Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Not yet, but there's still eleven more days in the beginning of August :supergrin:
I'll post here when I get my two sets.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I ordered a set of the night sights yesterday. I got an e-mail response that my order was received. The e-mail had this telephone number, website and e-mail address.:

SureSight
818-968-7126
[email protected]
www.suresight.com

I tried calling the phone # and nothing happened, after dialing the phone it just went blank, no ring or answer. I have sent a couple of e-mails and so far no reply. It makes me a bit concerned. :shocked:

If I hear anything back I'll post it here. Or if I get the sights in the mail ... :upeyes: :whistling:

PS: I also noticed that the website had another Phone# (877-270-2143) I may try that one next.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, perhaps everyone is too busy manufacturing sights to answer the phone

·
Registered
286 Posts
Paid for mine back in March. I am aware of the "beginning of August" ship date but 2 emails in the past two days have not been returned. I'm sure they're busy but I would like some sort of confirmation. To their defense my previous emails have been replied to but not my most recent ones. If they aren't going to ship VERY soon, I'm out and going with TFOs. I have been patient enough!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Leibster returned my PM a couple of days ago.
He stated that the early Aug ETA was still a go.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've not paid any money / pre-ordered. I'm pleased I made that decision. I liked the original concept and purchased several sets in late 05 / early 06, only to find that they shot VERY low.

I did not like the 2nd gen with the paint. The company insisted that the paint would not chip, but anyone with even a modicum of engineering knowledge (or common sense come to that) knows that the paint that don't chip ain't been invented yet. Customers later confirmed this.

Now we are back to plastic inserts + the added (and welcome) feature of adjustability. I have been waiting a long time for the 3rd gen sights.

Ford can come up with a concept vehicle and turn in into production reality on the showroom floor in 14 months - the Japs, and some others, are even quicker. The vehicle has tens of thousands of components; these sights have less than 10.

Why does it take years to get Suresight to market ? Realistically, these sights should have been designed, prototyped, optimized, and placed into production within 8 months (allowing for a small company with limited resources). As far as I know we are in the 4th year now. Is this a kid using his weekly allowance and spare time to develop a product ?

It appears that Suresight shied away from venture capital, and decided to use customer money from pre-orders to fund R&D. Your opinions on the ethics of this may vary, and I know that other companies have done the same, but I don't like it (especially when the sights are not bargain priced)

The idea/concept is great, but 'we the people' can't get a competitive product due to the patent restrictions. Seems a little unfair to patent a good idea and then deny it to the world by not producing it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I normally do not buy products that are not available at the time I pay.
I deviated from this practice with SureSight based on my past experience with Leibster.
I too had "issues" with the 1st Gen's elevation and Leibster did not hesitate to refund my money. The 2nd Gen did not interest me at all (crappy paint idea).
I really want the 3rd Gen to work because I believe they could be the BEST combat sights for me.

We'll find out...

·
Glock 21SF
34 Posts
Noyln said,

>>> It appears that Suresight shied away from venture capital, and decided to use customer money from pre-orders to fund R&D. Your opinions on the ethics of this may vary, and I know that other companies have done the same, but I don't like it<<<

Yeah that's what I though was going on too... why else make customers prepay in full for their orders 5 months in advance! I too was initally going to place an order, but glad i didn't because of the unexpected delay til early august and I really like my XS big dots (after shooting with them 2-3 times)

·
Registered
430 Posts
After 3 emails I finally got a reply today. He said they are expecting to start shipping next week. We'll see.
Thats encouraging TennGlocker! I still haven't gotten a reply. I guess we'll see. I wonder if they have enough sights to take care of all the orders they have now? :upeyes::supergrin:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would be nice if they posted an announcement here to that effect. At least it would look somewhat official and show some sign of commitment.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Got this today in reply to e-mail about delivery schedule.

"We will begin shipping next week, but it may take several weeks for all orders to ship out.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
--Chaim"

·
Registered
430 Posts
Got this today in reply to e-mail about delivery schedule.

"We will begin shipping next week, but it may take several weeks for all orders to ship out.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
--Chaim"
I got the same message today as well! :yawn:

BTW: He also mentioned in his e-mail that as soon as he caught up with replies to e-mails he would post here on GT.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Please post detailed pics as soon as possible after receipt - would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just wanted to let everyone know that we do indeed intend to begin shipping sights this week. As mentioned in my quoted emails above, it may take several weeks for all orders to ship out.

We are all caught up on our backlog of emails, and both emails and phone calls will be returned much more quickly now.

--Chaim

1 - 20 of 300 Posts