close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone going to stop using Trijicons?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by msu_grad_121, Jan 20, 2010.

1. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

I just finished reading an article in the paper about Bible verse codes being stamped on Trijicon ACOGs. What kills me is how the military is up in arms about it. Anybody have an opinion about the issue?

Personally, I don't consider myself Christian, or anything for that matter, but if the product is quality, and enhances my effectiveness, I could care less what codes the manufacturer puts on it. That's just me, tho.

What about you guys? How many departments or agencies that currently use the ACOG will stop just for this simple fact?

2. Gangrel

Gangrel

I don't think anyone will stop using them because of it. Who cares? I'm not a religious person. It's their company and they can choose to put what they wish on their products.

I think the military is only discussing the issue because there may be some vague regulation against it.

3. Morris

Morris CLM

Look at my signature line.

I'll happily still use their products. It's just the lefties that are all panty twisted up about it.

4. mikesommer

mikesommer

I think it makes me shoot better.....yep, I'm sure it does...:rofl:

5. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

WWJS? Trijicons.

6. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Oh believe me, I'm with you guys. I'm only wondering if because the military is all freaked out about it, if the feds are going to get their panties in a bunch, and then if state/county/local LE will lose their minds over it.

But then again, I don't live terribly far away from Dearborn, MI, which is the largest Arab population outside of the Middle East, so I'd be surprised if there wasn't some garbage that came from this article in that community. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

7. Seayall

Seayall

Heck it makes me want to get a set for my P220 as soon as I can make it up to the range...

8. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun

Thumbs up for Trijicon!!

Jer2911

RC

9. deadday

deadday

Hey, if any of you guys or your agencies are going to start dumping Triji optics, I'd like to offer to take them off your hands..

10. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

I will add my invitation as well.

11. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

The military can send me any and all Trijicons they don't want anymore.
    I even pay shipping!!

12. GearGuru

GearGuru

I knew there was reason I liked my Triji's and optics so well. I'm proud of a company who stands up to their beliefs, (think Chic Filet). For me, that just solidified my loyalty to a company who has and continues to make quality products.

13. PROSOUTH

PROSOUTH

No wonder I feel safe with my Tijicons !

It should be natural for man to indulge in the visions of God, but some it seems shut their eyes to the painful truths of life. Isn’t it history that all Good Shepherds who engaged in the great and arduous struggle for peacekeeping were Shepards of God?

All of the really good cops I ever knew were believers, with faith or belief as the rock on which one's moral sense be founded. My little candle is only one of many, I am only one, but I am one.

14. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

I don't see what the big deal is. All the biblical references are about light and vision.

15. blueiron

blueiron

I don't buy into revealed religion, but they make a decent product and that is all I need to continue to use their products.

16. Pepper45

Pepper45

I just don't care. They make a good product that does what I need it to do. However, any company that takes a stand on ANYTHING, should be aware that some folks might not like the stand they take, and might react negatively. Tim Leatherman supporting Kerry, it was absolutely his right to do so, but how much did it cost his company when folks reacted?

17. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

I just might start saving my pennies and get one for that reason... :cool:

18. spdski

spdski NRA Life Member CLM

How would you all feel if the ACOG instead was decorated a verse for the Qu'ran about light?

19. blueiron

blueiron

Frankly, I'd laugh my rear end off at the irony of killing the adherents of that religion with its affliated product.

20. blueiron

blueiron

Since I don't buy into organized or revealed religions, here is my take on it.

If I buy a Trijicon product and the chief company executive is a Christian, the money goes to a church which might build a hospital, provide relief for the poor, or if nothing else, garner a few more followers which sit in a church and do nothing more than pray for the salvation of themselves and others. As annoying as I find many Christian sects, they are usually willing to help anyone who asks for and needs help.

If I buy a Trijicon product and the chief company executive is a Jew, the money goes to a synagogue which might build a hospital, fund a school, care for the indigent elderly, or like the above, make available services for the congregation to pray for salvation and the betterment of the world. Jews are not beating at my door asking me to convert and they do the work that the Old Testament commands them to do, updated for modern times.

If I buy a Trijicon product and the chief company executive is islamist, the money is likely to benefit only those of that religion who attend a specific mosque and a portion of it is likely to go to proselytzing likely converts in prison, funding terrorism, and promoting an overtly politically religious movement with the stated and demonstrated aim of world conquest. Until islam undergoes a complete Reformation and realizes that this is not the Middle Ages, I will not support their barbarism. Funny though, the islam of the 11 and 12 century was far more peaceful, tolerant, and scientifically advanced than most of its followers today.

I would have no qualms about using an islamic product to kill muslims any more than if I were a Marine in WW2 and used a Japanese Type 99 LMG to kill Imperial Japanese troops. I simply wouldn't fund their operations by buying one of their products.