close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone going to St Paul?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by vettman1, Jul 5, 2002.

1. vettman1

vettman1

I'm so excited to be going to my first GSSF match in St. Paul this year! Is anyone from the board going? Can you use G22 mags in your G27 or is that concidered against the rules? Just was wondering... I was reading the post on what to bring to a GSSF match. It says that they have in the past had Glock armorers there to install night sites. I would love it if GSSF would have some night sites for sale in St. Paul. It would save me the shipping on sending my G27 in. Also, I have some hi-cap mags that I just bought and would like for a glock armorer to look at them to see if they are functioning correctly. Will they do this? Sorry about all the questions...

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Yes on everything except night sights being sold at the match. There may be a vendor there selling them. There may not be. If you have the sights, the armorer will install them for you.:cool:

3. vettman1

vettman1

That's good that I can use the G22 mags with the G27 in the sub-compact category... I was planning on possibly shooting 3 different categories. Sub-compact, amature civilian stock, and competition. How long will that take? Will I need to be there two days to do this? What's the difference between Stock/Stockmeister category and Civilian Stock?

How can I find out if there will be anyone there selling sights, or is it a wait and see sort of thing. Anyone that's been to the St. Paul match in the past have any ideas if there will be a vendor or two?

Sorry, lots of questions and a bit too excited to contain myself!

4. DannyR

You can shoot on Saturday, Sunday or both days--your choice.

It's best to allow four hours to shoot through the match. Stockmeister is a Category that was started for master class shooters, giving them a place to shoot Stock Glocks. Before March 2000, Masters could only shoot in Unlimited Category. You may shoot in up to 4 categories, including Stockmeister, if you so desire.

5. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

There is normally a vendor there and a Glock Armorer that will glad to check out and repair your Glock(s) & mags.

E-mail sent.

6. faro

faro Rabble-rouser

Yeah but, if you have sights installed and the set-up is anything like last year, then you will have no way to insure that the sights are actually lined up until you are shooting a GSSF stage. Of course you could have the sights installed and then go to another range and then check the sights. If they would need to be adjusted again, well...

7. ripplingh2o

ripplingh2o

I too am chomping at the bit for the end of July. Oakdale will be my first GSSF shoot too. I've preregistered into 3 categories and will shoot my G22, G24, and G27. Planning on shooting the G24 and G27 on Saturday, then spend the night and come back Sunday morning to close out the weekend with my G22. From absolutely every posting I've read it's close to guaranteed to be a GREAT weekend. I looked at some pics posted from a Jackson match and it certainly hyped my expectations. Don't know why, but I thought the majority of the shooters would be "sponsored pros" but it was reassuring to see all the "normal looking folks" of all sizes, shapes, and ages :) I'm now trying to discipline myself to shoot accurately verses fast. I realize a 10 second penalty for a missed target can be eliminated by taking an extra 5 seconds to set the sights correctly and slowly squeeze the trigger. Now I just hope the "speed brain" doesn't kick in once I hear that "shooter ready...stand-by...BEEEEEP";f

8. zen_grasshopper

zen_grasshopper God Bless USA

I going and this will also be my first match, planning on AmCiv with my G19 and Competition with my G34. First couple days off in a long time, taking my girlfriend with me. Keep trying to get her to shoot at the match, but she says she doesn't want to look bad. I told her that she would probably out shoot me!

Anyway see everybody there! I will be the one in the US Marshal Special Operations Group hat and the hottie cheering me on!!

Jon

9. faro

faro Rabble-rouser

This will be my 3rd year and I hope to continue on my improving ways. This year will be the year of the 10mm for me. I will shoot my G20 in competition (as a warmup) and then Amciv one day, then my new G29 in subcompact and majorsub the other day. Sounds like a full weekend. I can't wait. I'll be the tall one in the Front Sight hat :)

10. DannyR

There are very few "Sponsored Pros" at GSSF events. No need to worry abour them because they shoot in Unlimited/Masters and Stockmeister categories. Check out last years results an www.gssfonline.com to see exactly what to expect in the way of competition at St. Paul.

GSSF is designed so that the beginning shooter can have a good time shooting, and the advanced shooter have a hard time winning. The stages are simple and straightforward--to tricks to worry about. Being straightforward and easy to shoot, they are difficult to win. With the Lewis scoring system in Amateur/Civilian category, you don't have to be the best out of 150 or so shooters to win a pistol or cash prize. You could finish 51st or 101st and still come home a winner.

My tip for the first time GSSF shooter: Slow down. Don't try to shoot too fast. Concentrate on accuracy. Any miss costs you 10 points (equal to 10 seconds). Most folks that miss a plate are shooting low.

11. TRP Professional

TRP Professional Shooting Addict

ZEN,
    When are you going to be there?
    I'm going to shoot early Saturday am. I will be the one with the Glock on my hip,,,,

12. zen_grasshopper

zen_grasshopper God Bless USA

I should be there on Saturday morning, and will probably hang around most of the day. So I will probably see you there.

Jon

13. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I am looking forward to St.Paul....will arrive Friday evening with my wife after visiting a supplier in Waukegan Illinois, am anxious to see the facility and meet all of you.Are any of you planning to get together, I have reservations in Woodbury?(Holiday Inn);d

14. ERR

ERR

We will be there Saturday morning. Festus hope to see you there.

Is your wife shooting????? My wife is going to shoot in her scecond match. She had a good time at the Lexington match last year.

15. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

ERR(Edwin) my wife does not shoot but,.. I have 2(22's) and 40 mags.I am hoping that the fever spreads, are you staying Friday night someplace? By the way I am going to the GSL Shoot this Saturday at PopGuns down in Indy...are you going to try to improve on your 500 score(42 A hits)? whewwwww... I have received my new Bomar sights and they are beautiful....probably will not mess with them until after St.Paul;a

16. ERR

ERR

Festus: We are leaving Friday morning and taking a lazy drive up. We will probably try to find some place on the way to camp for the night. I have to work on Saturday so I will not get to PopGuns untill around noon. If I shoot as bad as I did at Eagle Creek I will not come close to shooting 500.

17. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Err...no problem...I am 3 hours one way to Pop I want to get there by 9:00 am ....will probably be gone by noon...about St.Paul will see you Saturday....about Indy....well I think as Jay S. says it was just a thing...and as Danny R says when you throw a CLAM make Clam Chowder.. ;f