Anyone go to U of Washington in Seattle?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gatman, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Gatman

Gatman

I am hoping to transfer there and just wanted some general information about the campus.

2. Shabcat

Shabcat car chaser

I'm not a student there but I've been to the campus multiple times. It's quite pleasant. There seems to be plenty of parking. Public transit allows you to get to nearby downtown Seattle very easily. The university bookstore is excellent (of course, like all college bookstores it gouges on assigned texts). There are plenty of choices as far as eateries go, there's a pretty good greek place, sushi places, etc. Of course, good coffee is available easily (it's Seattle!). Red Square and the nearby Suzallo Library are beautiful (the libraries themselves are quite good too, though the microfiche readers are in a terrible state if that means anything to you). There are many trees and enough green space. The statue of Washington is quite impressive. It's quite large and if I was going to be living on it I would want a bicycle to help get around, especially to minimize time spent walking in the rain.

Do you have any specific questions? I may be able to answer some of them.

3. Gatman

Gatman

No real questions. I have not heard a single bad thing about the place and really am hoping to go there. I heard the school has a party reputation but what school doesn't. How are the dorms, if you have been in them? Is it legal to CCW on campus? Not worried about school rules but the legality of CCWing.

Anyways thanks for the information. I am trying to get my friends to check out the school and any positive feedback helps.

One last thing, does it rain in Seattle as much as they say?

4. Shabcat

Shabcat car chaser

Haven't been in the dorms.

I believe that it's against school rules but not a legal thing. WA law allows a school to implement rules against carrying but I don't think it is actually illegal. The campus is so integrated as a city neighborhood that I find it hard to believe it'd be illegal. Of course, though you're not asking about school rules, keep it in mind that getting caught breaking a rule the libs will take so seriously won't be pleasant.

How much do they say it rains? ;f It rains a lot, but it's not so bad (said the man born and raised in the Pacific NW). Seattle gets plenty of sun, especially in the spring and summer. It rains a lot in fall and winter, but it's quite pretty in the context of the natural surroundings, architecture, etc. Umbrellas are useful tools (some portion of the locals refuse to use them but that's because people here are insane).

5. Gatman

Gatman

Sounds like the place I really want to be. I am sick of IL. On some days I have the AC on in the car when I go out, and when I come home I turn the heat on.

6. Gatman

Gatman

7. Gatman

Gatman

How are the dorms there? Can you keep a firearm at the Campus Police Station?