close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone get a new gun from Glock because they couldn't fix ejection issue?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cowboy1964, Aug 8, 2012.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Seems to me if Glock can't fix weak and erratic ejection they should replace the gun. I can imagine it might require quite a battle with them but I would think it could be possible. If push came to shove maybe state lemon laws could help.

Anyone try? Anyone successful?

(Off topic a bit, but I wonder if maybe we could institute a product recall drive.... ejecting hot cases into eyes and down shirts is a safety defect. Seems like a product recall could be warranted. There is also a liability issue here: poor ejection increases the chances of a malfunction. If malfunction results during a self-defense incident Glock could be liable for allowing a product with a known defect to stay on the market without a safety recall Kind of surprised that no one has taken Glock to small claims court yet - or maybe someone has and we haven't heard about it).

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. superdoc

superdoc Millennium Member

yes, had a big issue with G4 g19, got a replacement, same problems ( BTF, FTRTB), and got a second new replacement. So they will replace if they cant fix it to make you happy. 3rd one was the charm

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

While Glock can and does resolve pistol issues, they cannot resolve operator issues. Perhaps there should be State laws requiring handgun purchasers to first pass a proficiency test.

4. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Time to chime in. Glock would not be replacing guns and parts if a problem did not exist. This has nothing to do with shooting ability; is has to do with a product that is not performing in some circumstances as it used to.

Here is one of the most experienced in the United States:

http://pistol-training.com/archives/6885

Something tells me the issues he had originally with his Glock are entirely the gun and not him.

Continuing to blame fellow shooters for a glock problem is getting old.

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

When a factory armorer receives a problem pistol, he:

1. Very carefully inspects it, replacing any damaged, worn or upgraded parts.

2. The pistol is function tested at the armorer's bench

3. The armorer then takes the pistol to the 100 meter indoor range and fires 10 to 50 rounds of ammo through the pistol. If it functions fine, then it goes back to the owner. If not, it goes back to the bench. If the problem cannot be fixed, the pistol is replaced.

4. Pistols returned to the owner have been range tested for proper function. Mysteriously, somehow during transit, the old issues resurface.

6. 9mmdude

9mmdude

10 to 50 rounds are often times not enough to duplicate the problem. That is why some have returned their pistols a second or third time and then had them replaced. Again, nothing to do with the shooter, not a conspiracy; just a problem gun that needs to be fixed.

7. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

One problem right off the bat, glock test fires with aluminum cased ammo, my gun ejects steel and aluminum perfectly, but not brass.
    My gun did go back to glock, a few things were replaced, including new extractor. I haven't gotten around to posting the before/after vids yet, but maybe tonight. There was an improvement, especially with hotter loads that used to eject straight back or foward and/or left. Fired 500rounds of various ammo, not one to the left, and weaker ammo now ejects to the right. Hotter/heavier loads are still ejecting over my head occasionally, but nowhere near as bad. If it was all ammo/shooter, why did I see an improvement?

8. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

They replaced my Gen4 19 (it had issues with me shooting it too although my wife is in the first videos because it's her gun. She's shot the new one and there's no BTF at all with it).

First Gen4 19:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQlkGPnOSAc"]Gen4 Glock 19 Back From Glock (2nd Time) With 115gr FMJ Blazer Aluminum Cased Ammunition - YouTube[/ame]

Replacemebt Gen4 19:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps5yxUsmT1A"]Update: Glock Replaced My Gen4 G19 - YouTube[/ame]

Again, before someone says it's the shooter, the first gun had BTF with both of us, the replacement never has with either of us.

I also own 6 other Gen4 Glocks--they all run perfect with any ammo. It seems the first G19 was just a lemon but Glock had great customer service and resolved the problem so I continue to buy thier products with confidence.

9. PAGunner

PAGunner

That's just sad 2 out of 3 were junk. Reminds me of my XBox 360s, I had a warranty, but went through 6 360s, red ring of death, before the powerbrick almost caught fire. I'd never buy another Microsoft gaming system because of it.

Some gamers never had an issue, others had my experience. Glock is having similar issues, I'll pass.

10. PAGunner

PAGunner

Come on Danny, plenty of guys who know how to shoot are having issues, the problem is widespread and has been persistent, we both know this. Besides that I require my gun to be able to run correctly even when shooting from less than ideal positions with less than ideal grips, otherwise how could one trust the gun enough to protect your life?

11. ColdSteelNail

ColdSteelNail

I've been shooting for over 50 years. I own or have owned autos from Sig, Colt, Ruger, Smith, CZ, Springfield, Walther, Browning, H&K, Kahr, Glock, and some I can't remember. My Gen 4 23 is the only one that ever threw brass back into my face and head. I've never had an issue with my other Glocks.

Yor sir, simply do not know what you are talking about.

12. Paul53

Paul53 All in all I'm just another brick in the wall.

I'll believe the problem is operator error when Glock posts the physical requirements needed to correctly use their weapons without the BBB syndrome (Beaned By Brass).

13. larson1122

larson1122

As mysterious as you think it might be, my G26 came back to me after being updated and wouldn't go into battery without a good whack to the back of the slide. It didn't matter if I was shooting or cycling by hand, it simply did not go into battery without assistance. This never occured prior to the trip back to the warranty department. I noticed they installed one of the newest RSA's and wondered if this might be the culprit. I replaced it with a brand new one of the older version, which eliminated the FTRTB issues I was having.

Call me crazy, but something tells me they did little to no testing with my individual gun. It seems as though you believe that this is simply not possible, so I would love to know what I did to cause this.

14. scoobtay

scoobtay

What fathoms me that there are still people out there that believe that this is all a conspiracy. That those having issues with new Glocks (Gen 3 or 4) are just poor shooters, and these failures have nothing to do with the gun. Almost humorous.

15. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Interesting about your comments on the G26. I just got a brand new Gen3. Mine would not return fully to a closed slide right out of the box. I swapped recoil springs and the problem was fixed. I called Glock and they sent me a new recoil spring (good customer service). I hope they haven't done a magical update to the recoil spring and screwed the sub-compacts up.

16. larson1122

larson1122

[​IMG]

The RSA on the bottom is the one they installed when it was back at the factory, which caused the issues I was having. The one on the top is the new one I put in after getting it back, which eliminated the problem. I don't necessarily believe that the new design is what caused the issues with my gun but this particular RSA didn't fair to well, at least for me.

I'm glad they treated you well and sent you a new RSA. I spoke with Glock again recently and the guy on the phone told me that he could not send me a new RSA because there was no reason the new one they installed could cause the issues I was having.

17. Electrikkoolaid

Electrikkoolaid Grape flavored!

See.

There isn't a problem.

Glock says so.

Perfection™.

18. 9mmdude

9mmdude

I would call them back and ask again. I threw my bad one out once I got the one they sent me. The guy I spoke with on the phone didn't seem surprised I had a bad recoil spring.

19. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

agreed.......

and also, why even bother getting a new gun when the new one will have an out-of-spec. slide too......500 rounds later, BTF!!!

20. mongo356

mongo356

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431581

post #6 in this thread answers the problem most likely if it was a "new" 0-8-1.

I'm not sure all the armorers or techs at Glock have the memo, just a guess but maybe that's why it shipped with the 0-8-1 spring w/ the washer on the end.

Beretta92guy- I have seen this post a couple of times now. how does a slide that works ok in the first 500 rounds get out of spec?

Especially if the slide is harder than the brass case or the steel case ammo being fired??