close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone from the Phils order from Amazon?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by -, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Guest

Hi BoGs! Has anyone ordered any books from Amazon? I would like to order some of Gabe Suarez's books but this is the first time I will order online and I'm a bit worried if the package will arrive here safely or not. Any experiences? :)

2. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

I have ordered regularly from them ranging from Fjestad's Blue book of gun values to the encyclopedia of freemasonry and I received all of them at our local post office here in Batangas. The packages usually have to be picked up at your post office(who will send you a notice when it arrives). I wouldn't be too worried about it. To be safe, try ordering something of small value to test your post office's response when it arrives.

3. jmy

jmy Still Alive Lifetime Member

I used to order thru the email from Barnes And Noble.You see,I have a girl friend who works there.What I would do is email her my orders of books or DVDs and not only would she give me a discount but she would ship my orders for free.Unfortunately for me,she just emailed me last week that she was resigning from her job as she is going back to school to take her M.B.A. at Stanford University.

jmy

PS.Before I forget,when I say girl friend,I mean a girl as a friend and not what you guys are thinking.

4. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

Sure, never had problems from amazon.com. Books usually have no problems clearing customs. Items of value that exceeds $100 may get taxed for duties.

5. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

I ordered Gabe Suarez's books online from Paladin Press. Shipment takes three months to get here. Sometimes, I already forget I ordered something. Try www.warriortalk.com and see if Suarez International will deliver to you.

6. jasonub

jasonub

no problem also with barnes and noble. though barnes ships faster since they have items on hand.

i ordered a dremel from amazon and it arrived after 2 weeks.

though i order and have it shipped in the usa for my wife to pick up

7. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Yes, haven't had any problems ordering either books or DVDs from Amazon, although as the others have said, the smoothness of your order will largely depend on the quality of service of your local post office. Some of Gabe's books are also available from his site at www.suarezinternational.com ...you might want to check that site out too and compare prices and shipping rates. I placed my latest order through Gabe's site, and was very satisfied with the service they gave. The books were even personally dedicated and autographed when they arrived :)

8. deenoh

deenoh

I've ordered several items from Amazon at several different occasions. The only problem I encountered is that I didnt realize how expensive the tax can be when I ordered DVDs.

9. Guest

Do they also put expensive tax on books? Baka naman sobrang mahal na pag nag order ng books galing sa labas..

10. deenoh

deenoh

I dont think so. I ordered several books and wasnt taxed. I was only taxed when I ordered DVDs.

11. Guest

Ok thanks for the quick reply! ;)

12. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

DVD? just go to greenhills or tutuban.and watch out for pareng edu!;f

13. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

hi ian_g; i ordered books from amazon and it took about a month to arrive in cebu with no tax:)