GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Firm member
29,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We own a rental condo (end unit, own garage & yard) that's been rented by a great tenant since inheriting it when my FIL passed fifteen years ago. It's been a great, steady source of additional income and is managed by a terrific realtor/property agent. The tenant is wishing to move to a single floor unit to avoid the stairs and has given us a year's notice. The unit itself needs serious updating and because it's about forty years old, little things are starting to fail (faucets, appliances, AC compressor, etc.) and I feel it will start costing us more and more and now wish to sell. Does anyone know the market? The unit is right downtown and within walking distance of the main street. Are things moving and have the prices recovered? Thank you in advance. HH

·
Banned
5,385 Posts
nice area. parents lived in Hville for a few years. downtown is artsy, but with Appalachian charm. they're renting out the house they bought in town, and the last I talked to my step-dad about it, he said he'd make good money if they sold it. I know that's not much help, though.

·
Firm member
29,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice area. parents lived in Hville for a few years. downtown is artsy, but with Appalachian charm. they're renting out the house they bought in town, and the last I talked to my step-dad about it, he said he'd make good money if they sold it. I know that's not much help, though.
Anything helps, thanks. The last time we were there was around '91 or '92 and it was a great area. Bat Cave Mountain, Lake Lure, Flatrock Playhouse, Biltmore Estate, etc. HH

·
Banned
5,385 Posts
yep. dad worked at a hospital in Asheville. nice bedroom community. I think he had a 30ish minute ride to work. they ended up at a different hospital just north in rural east TN, but I would have considered moving to Hville. again, sorry I don't have specifics, but that area has really grown, just from 2005 to now. I'd imagine you might not recognize the place from the early 90s.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes, live about 2-3 miles from downtown. Back before the market crashed in 08 housing market was scorching here. It's no where near there but is coming back. Starting to see more new builds starting up. H'ville is still pretty nice. Still sort of lots of retiree's coming in. Like any where else location is everything. Flatrock is good, but still some junky parts around town. As far as prices being back, not near where they were but I don't check like I used to.

·
Watcher.
40,095 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Have some family near Asheville. The whole area is growing and has a strong housing market. As long as it's a solid property and in a decent location, you should have no problem renting/selling real estate there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts