Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
NRA Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just filed my taxes today online using TaxAct. I just found out the IRS will not accept mine until February 14th. Anyone else file and get a notice for a delay in accepting their return?

·
hates you
32,672 Posts
Since I have to file long form and an assload of attachments, I recall reading something to the effect that I'm not allowed to file until March or something.

I don't even have all my 1099s yet anyway.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You have Obama and his band of miscreants to thank for this. They kept delaying the tax cuts, and so since they didnt get it passed as soon as they should have, this is what has happened.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
You have Obama and his band of miscreants to thank for this. They kept delaying the tax cuts, and so since they didnt get it passed as soon as they should have, this is what has happened.
Thread Obama'd. And it only took 5 posts.

But no, I haven't even gotten my 1099s yet.

·
USS Texas BB-35
4,583 Posts
I still need to get some 1099 from schwab etc.
but hope to file early and get a nice King size Bed for the Bride and I

·
NRA Member
639 Posts
Filed last week. Delayed till the 14th as well

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Did mine Thursday the 27th--about 5 days later than last year as I was waiting on my last W-2.

Surprisingly enough, it was accepted Friday by the feds. No word from IL yet, unsurprisingly.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
We filed a family members last week, simple W2, she gets her refund today I think. The 14th doesn't apply to everyone for some reason :dunno:

·
Marine 0369
1,798 Posts
I filed mine Saturday. I use TurboTax. They said that the IRS will not process itemized returns until Feb 14th.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
I filed mine Saturday. I use TurboTax. They said that the IRS will not process itemized returns until Feb 14th.
Correct me if I'm wrong as I heard this second hand.

Turbo tax actually had two programs ready for release for online filers; one if they extended the tax cuts...one if they didn't.

As soon as it was passed they put the correct one online for users.

Why can't our government be this efficient? Oh wait..my book on that very subject should be out next year :upeyes:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011 07:34 PM
Taxpayer Name: MANIMAL

The TaxACT Electronic Filing Department has received notice that the Federal
electronic return for MANIMAL was accepted by the Internal Revenue
Service on 01/27/2011.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts