GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like they're never really mentioned as a solid company. The PPQ probably has the best stock striker fired trigger I've ever felt. The PPS is my favorite single stack 9MM on the market.

But when most people ask what to companies/pistols to look into, Walther isn't mentioned that frequently.

Yet they look cool (to me) and they're pretty reliable.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I got 2 PPS, one 9mm and a .40, both first gens. They've been stellar, but to be honest I wish they didn't reconfigure them to the current gen. 2s.

Reactions: slamdunc and MrS&W

·
NRA Life Member
63,378 Posts
They haven't had a good idea since 1938, so I'd say their continued existence is more love than they deserve.

·
Caffeinator
5,269 Posts
Yeah, the lack of holster options for the PPQ in .45 caliber reminded me of this issue. I did find a couple of options eventually, but it wasn't nearly as easy as finding what I want for any given Glock.

Reactions: MacMilly

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have a PPQ M2 9mm and just acquired the Q5 match conversion upper. Excellent shooter and I am a Glock owner. Love the PPQ; only complaint readily available spare parts.

Reactions: slamdunc

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They make a solid product. I like the PPS and PPS M2 better than the Shield, Glock 43, or any of the others in the sea. As with anything, some people are going to hate especially if it's not a CZ, M&P, or Glock.
I agree, the PPS was the first pistol I bought and I tried a TON of pistols before that one. It was my favorite of the sub compact single stacks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Every gun company has their own fan base, there's just bigger names that's been around longer. Walther USA was established in 2012, and the PPQ is coming up at its 10 year mark.

I like the PPQ enough to buy $400+ worth of magazines. And the Q5 Match is very popular in the competition market.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I love my PPQ M2 45.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts