Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to purchase an unlocked GSM multiband cell phone and pre-paid SIM card in St. Petersburg Russia? I'm wondering about availability and pricing versus buying one in US and taking it with me. Thanks.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Anyone know where to purchase an unlocked GSM multiband cell phone and pre-paid SIM card in St. Petersburg Russia? I'm wondering about availability and pricing versus buying one in US and taking it with me. Thanks.
Do you speak Russian? If you don't, I would purchase the phone here and at least try to arrange for the SIM card from the US. Even though St. Petersburg is probably the city where you are most likely to find English speakers, pretty much all business is still conducted in Russian in my experience.

You will probably get a better answer on one of the travel forums.

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Don't know about phones and SIM cards. I have been to the Hermitage. if you go to St. Petersburg and don't find a way to spend two or three days at the Hermitage you'll be the worse for it.

http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/html_En/index.html

·
Firm member
30,181 Posts
Don't know about phones and SIM cards. I have been to the Hermitage. if you go to St. Petersburg and don't find a way to spend two or three days at the Hermitage you'll be the worse for it.

http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/html_En/index.html
Do it here. Verizon has always hooked me up with something that works (sometimes) from Gambia to Cambodia. I'm sure Russia would be better. HH

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Found a SIM from SimCardGlobal and a not to pricey unlocked quad band GSM phone from CompUSA that should work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts