Anyone familiar with R GUNS AR's

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by SiberianErik, Jan 23, 2013.

1. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

My LGS has quite a few of these AR's made by R Guns..I have never heard of them. They seemed OK, nothing great, but the price was $2100..:wow:

anyone know anything about these ?

2. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Just about the only thing I know about that is that people seem to dislike them, and they were about 700 dollar rifles a month and a half ago.

Probably better than nothing, but there is no way in hell I would pay that.

3. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

Exactly.

OP, run away. Quickly.

4. raven11

raven11

Rguns is about a hour drive from me , they are more famous in my area for the milsurps than AR. anyways i bought a AR 16in carbine upper and twp lowers from there because they sold lowers for $65 each and they would build uppers and lowers specifically to your request (within reason) and the charging handle and bolt included is a nice +

i'm a range guy I don't go into the sandbox and shoot hadjis. and for my purpose they are fine, no problems,i feed everything from the cheapest box of Tula to IMI 5.56 milsurp and it hasn't jammed yet, and Rguns being a hour from my house has great CS.

Edit: the cost is a bit high, per-hysteria lowers were $65 , a middy upper with magpul hand-guard and A2 sights would be about $450 and a complete rifle would be around $700-$800

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  5. Gbannan

Gbannan

Anyone have any input on just the upper? Ordered one and its on backorder. Paid $290.

6. Navitimer

Navitimer

Do a search - they are crooks and their products are substandard. You can also check out ar15.com for their reputation. Stay away!!!

7. Gbannan

Gbannan

Why do you say they are crooks? Do you have first hand experience with them? Just curious.

8. mjkeat

mjkeat

Garbage. This has been covered a lot here and in the General Firearms forum.

9. G17 Zombie Blaster

G17 Zombie Blaster

FWIW. I made an order for two BCGs to finish my kids builds on the 12th. It was pure desperation as I can't afford the gouging on a teachers pay. I have yet to get an e-mail confirmation of the order. I have e-mailed mulitple times, with most returned that their inbox is full. And their phone rings three times and goes to a box full message. I have no idea if I have BCGs coming or not. Seem to be a pretty crappy operation!!!

10. mjkeat

mjkeat

This has happened in the past as well. Good luck.

11. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

I ordered a BCG from them about 5 months ago. It came quickly, and has ran flawless.

12. Navitimer

Navitimer

Yes, first hand experience. They still owe me a $100 Harris bipod. They are crooks and rude. I had to get my credit card company involved before they would even talk to me, and then they still wouldn't budge. I ended up getting my card credited, but not before a drag out 45 minute fight over the phone. How they stay in business I don't know, but they'll never get another cent from me. Crooks is probably too kind of a term for them. That's probably why they have inventory when everyone else is sold out. Do what you choose, but my strong suggestion is to steer clear.

13. raven11

raven11

I remember that, it was a post made by you that was about three sentences long that said I shot two Rguns rifles and they didn't work and they were garbage ,

there were no photo evidence , and they were right after a post that you got into a internet fight with multiple members after you said something along the lines of "I only trust my life to BCM" and "you should afford to spend more to defend your life"

14. mjkeat

mjkeat

Photographic proof that a couple rifles won't run. I would think video would work better in that situation. I have no reason to lie. There's plenty of other people saying the same thing as I am. I'm simply helping others avoid a mess.

As far as your misquotes, doesn't sound like something I would say. I may have said that BCM runs a great business model and puts out an awesome product at an affordable price. Or, why not spend the same or $100-$200 more for a product of know quality from a company known for going above and beyond. What you placed in quotes hardly makes any sense.

I'm not here to argue, especially w/ someone willing to lie in an attempt to defend a purchase.

15. Wriggly

Wriggly

I have known the guys at RGUNS for years. They have a manufacturing facility right next door to their store, and they have pretty good capacity. They dont have alot of people working there, and they are pretty tired of dealing with internet nimrods.

If you have an order in, you will get it. They are swamped, just like everyone else.

I stopped there a few weeks back, and asked if they had any A4 uppers ready. I had a new unused Rock River complete lower, and a buddy that was wanting an AR.

They told me they had none ready at the moment. I said Ok, I will check back with you guys later, the owner asked me if I had 10 minutes. I said sure, why? He said he would put one together. $409 and 10 minutes later I had an upper.

When I got home, the upper fit that Rock River lower like they were made together. Sold the complete rifle with one Pmag to my buddy for $900, and he is happy, happy, happy.

They are also a pretty big importer of milsurps, and are responsible for a lot of the Mosins in circulation today. They also have not responded to the current situation by gouging folks like everyone else is doing, and they have held the line on prices. So take it for what its worth.

16. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

People, people, prices will come down soon. Don't buy at the current ridiculous prices. No legislation is passing, and people (as stupid as they are) will eventually realize that.

'nuff said.

17. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

double posted for some reason...........

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  18. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Ordered an LPK from them- arrived to me missing parts. Emailed them. They hollered back quickly with a "we'll get the right part out to you, sorry"...... never came. Emailed them again......never heard anything. Emailed again seeing about simply returning the LPK.... NEVER heard from them.

still waiting and that was 8 mos ago.

I got pissed that the order I placed was not filled correctly and the merchant would not make it right. Disputed the charge on my Visa and they took care of it.

No more Rguns for me ever again.

19. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

THIS X 10000000000000

Thx for the info guys :wavey:

I only asked because it was odd my LGS has, no kidding, 15 of them on the racks. Odd sight to see today. They were $2100 each. Now I know my LGS are rip off artists so I do not blame RG for that price. The shop is run by local LEO's who work alot in the shop while they are supposed to be on patrol, nice right ?? They are in uniform w/their patrol cars out front lolzz.

We got 10 AR's in today, 5 Rugers, $ M&P's and a SCAR 16. They flew out the door and by 9:05 (we open at 9) they were long gone.

20. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

THIS X 10000000000000

Thx for the info guys :wavey:

I only asked because it was odd my LGS has, no kidding, 15 of them on the racks. Odd sight to see today. They were $2100 each. Now I know my LGS are rip off artists so I do not blame RG for that price. The shop is run by local LEO's who work alot in the shop while they are supposed to be on patrol, nice right ?? They are in uniform w/their patrol cars out front lolzz.

We got 10 AR's in today, 5 Rugers, 4 M&P's and a SCAR 16. They flew out the door and by 9:05 (we open at 9) they were long gone.