close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone Familiar with Hijack This Logs and Adware Removal?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Nalapombu, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

Hey all,

I have been having a terrible time trying to get my moms computer up and functioning again. I have ran Ad Aware, the newest version of Yahoo Toolbar AntiSpy, and the Microsoft Defender, all FAILED to get rid of the problems. She also has Macafee virus software running too.
    It seems that everything on the system is from a place that wants you to buy their scanning software. She gets a box appearing every 3 or 4 minutes even when she's NOT connected to the net. It appears down where the clock is. When you start Explorer the first thing that comes up is a page that tells you to go to this site to clean your PC. The name of the place is [PROTECTMYPC.NET].
    I have looked and looked and I can't get it fixed. I downloaded Hijack This and ran a scan hoping that I would be able to recognize some of the things on there. Well I am LOST with that HJT Log.

Is there anyone that can give me some help with this log? What about other ideas as to other programs I could get to run and try to clean it up? I do know that when I run Ad Aware and have it remove the things it finds, upon the next boot up and run of Ad Aware it will find the EXACT same things there.
    I am just lost here. I am about 10 seconds away from pulling my hair out and then formatting the hard drive.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Thanks

Nala

2. Ljunatic

Ljunatic On The Fringe

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak