close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anyone experience the 1%fte l/wolf 40-9 con.barrel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mo.glocker, Mar 9, 2010.

1. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

looking into buying a lone wolf conversion barrel for my g23,anyone have the 1% fte on the wally world practice ammo that they say on their website,thanks

2. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

Tagging this. I have the 22 conversion barrel for my 27 but haven't had the chance to test it yet...

3. Willard

Willard Who, me?

I used to have a Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for G24. It worked great - I don't remember having ANY problems with it.

4. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Last Friday, I had the chance to take the maiden voyage on my new G23.
    I hit the lube points with a touch of CLP, then I shot 150 trouble free rounds of .40 through it :supergrin:
    I then switched to the Lone Wolf 40-9mm conversion barrel. I wanted to reduce the chance of being in the 1% failure category, so, I followed Lone Wolf's direction and shot 20 rnds of "premium grade" 124 gr +P. No issues. I switched to 115 gr Winchester White Box and spent 150 rnds without issue :tongueout:
    I guess LW recommendation worked OR my barrel was not in the 1%-tile in the first place :cool:

5. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

seems like if it was going to shoot or not shoot wwb,it wouldnt matter what order you shoot em in-:dunno:

6. jack76590

jack76590

With the LW conversion barrel in my G23 the extractor is just barely making contact with the rim of case. If I hand cycle the slide, the extractor will not extract round - extractor lets go. But if I fire the round it will extract and eject. I really think case is extracting from the pressure generated by fired round and the extractor is really doing nothing. But again it functions.

7. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

ohhh,so finally i got the scoop,i guess the barrel works:wavey:

8. AustinTx

AustinTx

I wish someone would try using the 40-9 conversion barrel without the extractor, in the gun. I think it just may work. There may be enough residual pressure, when the breach unlocks, to throw the case out. Isn't there someone here with the conversion barrel, who would like to try?

9. jack76590

jack76590

I have discussed this non gripping extractor with others over the internet. They claim their extractor does engage and I believe them. I have not had a chance to examine another example in person, but would guess those that engage have marginal engagement. I mention this not to knock the LW conversion as a practice device, but I think people may want to be careful carrying a conversion barrel for protection purposes.

As far as firing glock without extractor I have to wonder if safe as hole would be open. Also spring engaging extractor also puts pressure on slide back plate. And I think firing pin safety may not work without extractor.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  10. AustinTx

AustinTx

I guess it will work, without an extractor. I didn't see this.

11. AustinTx

AustinTx

Your firing pin safety isn't containing any high pressure.

The slide backing plate is held on by that plastic sleeve on the firing pin.

The firing pin safety may not function, who cares. This is just a test and we don't need to have the safety working.

I'm not proposing that everybody throw their extractors away.

12. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

Call me master of the obvious- but that setup sounds like an accidental discharge waiting to happen...not only does clearing the gun not clear the gun; i am guessing the extractor would not stick out to show the normal chambered round position either -

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  13. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

dmmit engage maverick:rofl::rofl:i dont know wheather to get a l/w conv or not,even if you buy a 19 upper you still will be using a 23 ejector,it seems hopeless unless you change to a 19 ejector in either case:dunno:what to do:dunno:-jeff

14. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I was just following LW instructions. Plus, it gave me an excuse to buy more / different ammo. :supergrin: