Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cylinder Metal
Cylinder Vacuum flask
Here is a couple pics of my new unused Glock 19X 17+2 magazines if you look at the one on the left the follower is looking off or I guess I should say up so much so one side you can see a gap underneath the follower. Inside the magazine body there is a polymer tab on each side keeping the follower in a proper position and on this mag their looks to be a little damage on the tab on the side you see the follower pushing up with the gap. I don't believe I've ever seen this with any of my Glock mags over the years have you?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I will contact Glock and why did I post this you ask I thought it obvious I wanted to see if anyone else has had a new mag like this new or even if it happened over time and also so others can take note and maybe check their own mags out.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As many as they make there is going to be a few bad ones get out.
Maybe I should get a lottery ticket it's the first I've ever seen like that but I bet it would still function but not knowing if the chipped plastic tab in the magazine body would get worse or not I will give Glock a call. It must be so rare I don't even know if the Glock rep will believe me.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
It seems to me that the deformed polymer of the front top edge of the magazine tube is abnormal as well. I would not expect that much edge deformation, even if the magazines had been subjected to the bizarre and flamboyant abuse of "jammin' and slammin'" magazines in place. OP, have these magazines been exposed to such abuse?

Perhaps coyote-flavored polymer is softer than the standard. :)

Reactions: WilliamA

·
NRA Benefactor
5,784 Posts
The followers appear to be too high. Did someone forget the metal insert?

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,456 Posts
Hard to imagine those (especially the one on the left) getting past Glock QC. They need to go back. And IMO they should not only replace them but should throw in an extra mag or two for your trouble. (Although I doubt that will happen.)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike-M the mag is new I just happen to notice it before loading them up and it appears the polymer trimming inside the mag tube where it meets and holds the follower in it corrects position is a little damaged on the side where it pops up. Its just chipped a little I'm surprised that little bit of missing material would cause a problem but it does and I'm with you guys I've had hundreds of Glock mags and never seen this.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yes, I had one exactly like the one on the left. I removed the base pad and bent the spring until it looked like the one on the right. Both of the 19 round mags work perfectly. I’m not sure, but I would venture to guess, that they both would have been fine the way they were.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts