Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
OP. Essential. You need a vented clutch cover. Dry clutches sound so much better when vented to let the sound out...

Wait. The venting is so they "run cooler" and the dust doesn't build up inside I think....

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
I was thinking the best bikes to choose to get back on after a hiatus are the extreme bikes.

Getting something that is too slow will just be boring and need to be replaced.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Would a sport touring bike like a Hayabusa or ZX14 be a good bike to start back with?

·
Work in Progres
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
OP. Essential. You need a vented clutch cover. Dry clutches sound so much better when vented to let the sound out...

Wait. The venting is so they "run cooler" and the dust doesn't build up inside I think....
Don’t worry, already have the vented clutch cover sourced from a spare parts bin of another buddy. “So it cools better and let’s debris out”. Yeah, that’s it.

I don’t think sport bikes are getting more uncomfortable. We just aren’t as bendy. My opinion only.

·
Formerly retired EE.
14,500 Posts
Why do sportbike get more uncomfortable with age?
Body posture for one. Laying down on a tank is not comfortable if you have a middle aged belly.

·
Formerly retired EE.
14,500 Posts
Would a sport touring bike like a Hayabusa or ZX14 be a good bike to start back with?
Sure thing. Just like learning to fly in a fighter plane.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Sure thing. Just like learning to fly in a fighter plane.
My original on those getting back into ride was a little tongue in cheek. But also somewhat true.

Like others, family, kids, etc put a hayatus (see what I did there?) on riding. Changes in life circumstance means riding again.

But in reality, a Hayabusa (and I suspect a ZX14 but have never ridden one) are very docile bikes. In some ways the big huge power band makes it easier to ride.

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,870 Posts
Started on a Cushman Scooter at 13 and got my first bike (Triumph) at 17. My parents were furious! 30 Bikes and over 50 years later, I finally sold my last bike, A Harley XL1200C. My balance is shot to hxll and I knew it was time to give it up. No bikes, no ladders now, at 73. I call riding my cycle "Wind Therapy!"

Riding motorcycles gave me more joy, adventure, excitement and pleasure than anything else in my life! I don't expect anyone else to understand that.

Life is dangerous. So what? Bikes aren't for everyone. I've had a Hxll of a life and yes, broke a few pieces, too.

Get your bike, OR get a rocker, put it in the corner of the living room & never leave the house.

Flash

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Get your bike, OR get a rocker, put it in the corner of the living room & never leave the house.
A rocking chair in the living room and motorcycle are not mutually exclusive:

Reactions: SWFlGuy

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,870 Posts
What a great picture! Good on ya!

Last night, I got the news that a dear friend has some really ugly Cancer. Been going through the usual crap that we have when we get news like that ….. until I read this thread.

A very old lady told me: "It's not the things I did that I regret, It's the things that I DIDN'T DO." I thank Gxd that I had the stones to follow my dreams. There are NO regrets, here! I did every darned thing that I dreamed of doing!

Flash

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
81 - 92 of 92 Posts