Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Better known as the ab sculptor. The wheel with the handles you roll out and pul back?

I have never had much success sticking with a core program. I has one of the torture wheels. It works my core like I have never worked them before. I get the burn from the base of the breast bone to the pubic bone.

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
Mine's covered in dust. Never used it.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the upgraded spring loaded version. As you roll forward the spring loads up tension and helps you get back up a little. The youtube videos are pretty impressive with the level you can do work with these. I can only dream of the day I can work with the unit from a push up position. Right now I do it from a kneeling position and am working towards getting my back level vs slight bend at the waist.

·
NRA4EVR
11,654 Posts
I love the ab wheel. Went from being able to get three or four reps on my knees to eight reps going from all the way out into a inverted V. And then sore for two days afterward. Very effective device, one of the best bangs for the buck.

·
Who, me?
1,147 Posts
Tip: pause at the bottom of the movement, just hovering above the floor.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
my first session with it proved how hard it could be. I do mine at a slow deliberate controlled pace. I need to do more of it. I'm still sort of at a holding pattern of 3 sets 10 reps from my knees, I fear over doing it and getting a lower back strain, I'm no spring chicken.

·
BLR
7,414 Posts
I used to use one regularly until I started having back problems. My back problems weren't related to using the wheel though.
They work very well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts