Anyone else tired of group work?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Chevytuff19, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Chevytuff19

Chevytuff19

For the last 3 weeks all I have done in 2 of my classes is group work. This means that I have to sit through class and then spend 3 hours or so a week meeting with my group to get our projects done. Next week I have 3 other projects due. I have never been a fan of group work and this is just making me very upset. Well, I am about to go to the library and meet with another group to finish up a project for tomorrow. Sorry, just had to vent a little.

Wes

2. PeterJasonMN

PeterJasonMN ****

Group work is the prof's way of inflating their stats so they have as little to no F's as possible.

3. VWTim

VWTim

Sorry to hear that. We just got done with our Junior ME design project. This required LOTS of hours to get done. last week we were in the machine shop till about 9-11 every night. It really depends on the group of people you're with.

4. Gatman

Gatman

I usually dont mind it. The last group I worked with was a bunch of good for nothings.

However the one before that included the most beautiful redhead I have ever seen, I didnt mind the late nights then...
    ;f

5. rookieshooter43

rookieshooter43

Every group has that one person that doesn't do anything. Unfortunately I seem to always take the extra work on. I absolutely DESPISE group work. Can't wait to graduate and get it all over with.

6. SkaOG

SkaOG

Group work sucks!!!, Cant wait to be done with school in May!

7. KONY

KONY

Considering that the U.S. culture emphasizes the individual, its not surprising that many don't like group work. However, its an individual preference as some like it and some do not. However, I think that when group work is done well, its a very good developmental experience. Afterall, jobs are becoming increasingly team-oriented with greater inter-dependency among employees.