Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the Corona virus lockdown started in OH, I had set up an order with a window/patio door company out of state that had supplied said materials on the house 20+ years ago. At the time they were quoting a 3-4 weeks delivery time. The order was place in late March and I figured given the lead time and what was know about the virus at the time, early May would be a reasonable date to get them.
I checked 2 weeks ago and it sounded like we were still on schedule. Now, they've missed the second ship date and I can't get a firm ship date out of them. The installer--who deals with them on a regular basis--said he hear rumors that their plant has had issues getting product out the door due to workers not showing up. Not the end of the world, but when the shipper misses two dates and doesn't come up with firm answers why and real dates for sure I start thinking this is not going to happen. I could go with a local firm but the out of state shop made the customs windows in the house and expect the price tag would go way up if I changed.

Add, to that, since the gyms closed, I've been thinking about a treadmill and decided to get one--except nobody has any in stock. Lead times on the recommended stuff is 4-6 weeks and is sourced in Taiwan, which raises the issue if the lead times are real (again).

Anyway, wondered if anyone else is seeing this in the non-food item supply chain?

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,501 Posts
Plenty of tread mills and bicycles on Craigslist and face book market place, but thye might have germs on them

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,780 Posts
I've been waiting for my new hip waders for 7 weeks.

I guess I'll have to use my old (insert non PC nationality here) waders.... my hiking shoes and jeans.... a kind of wet suit to an extreme.

The flowing rivers here were snow just 15 minutes ago and at 32.1°F.... it'll become "slushy" if you let it stand still.... and my legs go hypo in less than 10 seconds.

WHERE'S MY WADERS?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Wait is there something going on that could affect the production and shipment of goods? Why didn't anyone make a post about that?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Everything in the world right now is days or weeks behind. I've got a whole bunch of construction projects in various stages of delay due to shortages of materials, prefabricated structures, cement, machines, permitting etc.

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Bought some telescope parts. One came in 4 days. The other is scheduled to be here in late July. Go figure.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ummmmm YA.....there's been a "run" on everything from ammo and bicycle tires to sex toys and water softener.

·
****** Viejo
29,554 Posts
Yes, anything Amazon Prime. tom. :steamed:

Reactions: jame and Boundertom

·
Registered
27,988 Posts
Furniture orders backlogged and shipping delayed by weeks.
Yeah, we wanted to buy a new living room set. A couple furniture stores were open (you know, critical businesses..lol). They had a few things we liked so we talked to the salesman about ordering some stuff they didn't have in stock. To his credit, he was honest and said it was going to be a while because their factory was more or less shut down. We didn't buy then, but plan to go back to him when it's over because at least he was honest (he anticipated 4-6 weeks in early March).

·
Director of civil unrest
10,286 Posts
Hey, join the PC culture! You should be hunkered down! For your own safety. If you were following mandates you wouldn't even know there were shortages. Shame on you!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Blind guess here, but it's probly what the USPS and other delivery companies are dealing with right now. People locked at home, ordering items online. Massive parcel volume in other words.
Much like the Christmas rush, but longer and on a much larger scale. Just what it is. Feel free to ***** about the two week wait time though. lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts