close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone else see the 2 hr. pilot 'Caprica'? Spoiler warning.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by goldenlight, Jan 27, 2010.

1. goldenlight

goldenlight

...and thinks it looks like it's going to be just TERRIBLE?

SPOILERS!!!!

They started the story line with the premise that they could put human 'personalities' into the very first Cylon(s).

And the 'virtual 3D environment' you can 'enter' by donning a ring that has flashing LED lights on it? Give me a break!

It looks to be downhill from there.

It was interesting to see the 'smoking man' from the X-Files in a small part.

He was wearing an exact copy of the glasses worn by Dr. Tyrell in one of my very favorite movies 'Bladerunner'.

The SciFi Channel has been stealing ideas from movies from years: a week or two ago, they had one of their 'Sci Fi original movies' called 'Sea Snakes', and during the commercial for it, they called it 'Snakes on a Submarine'.

I don't know what happened to the writers from Battlestar Gallactica went, but it looks like they aren't writing for Caprica.

It looks like whoever usually writes for those low-budget Saturday SciFy horror/disaster movies is mainly responsible for the content of Caprica, IMHO:steamed:

2. rfenster

rfenster CLM

I have the pilot DVR'ed, but haven't brought myself to watch it yet.

Sounds like you aren't giving it five out of five stars :)

3. shavedape

shavedape

I won't go out of my way to watch it regularly I think. I didn't hate the pilot but it was a bit too "Gossip Girl in Space" for my tastes. Clearly it's aimed at a younger demographic, at least a huge chunk of it is. And at least they began by explaining the religious stuff; the reasons for why the Cylons end up being monotheistic verses the humans who are poly.

4. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Caprica was a complete departure from BSG... bottom line in my opinion, it sucked big fat hairy donkey balls.

5. Naelbis

Naelbis

I think it sucked and I'm a Scifi junkie. Acting was terrible, effects were poorly done, and the plot was just blech. The only parts I found interesting was the interaction between the two fathers. Everything else was just crap. They took everything I DIDN'T like about BSG and turned it into it's own series.

6. Puppy

Puppy

I tried to watch it, I tried to watch it twice.

I really wanted to like it but it was just so bad that I couldn't sit through the whole thing, not even the 2nd time when I had DETERMINED that I was going to watch the whole thing.

Sadly, it's been removed from my DVR's scheduled recordings.

7. goldenlight

goldenlight

That was my response, too. I'm glad it isn't just me. The SfiFi Channel has made some good really good shows, going back to X-files, but they really dropped the ball, so to speak, on Caprica. :crying: