Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
10,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate my job, I dread going. I fight with my wife nonstop over everything. I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed being around her. I am just overall miserable and sick of my life.

I just want to pack up all my stuff, get in the car and drive and leave everything behind.

I'm just tired of it.

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
Sorry to hear that. You can't drive away from life... it just follows ya everywhere. Hope things turn around.

·
NRA Life Member
5,384 Posts
harlenm -

You are a Decision away from changing your life.

Time to get out of the TV News, and into some books that will help you make some intelligent decisions.

I would recommend The Magic Of Thinking Big for starters...

YOU can change your life, start with going back to the basics.

Hope That Helps You Out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is that your kid in the picture? Kids, wife, a home, guns, cars, a warm meal, cable t.v., a job............maybe theres a lot of things in your life to be proud of and millions of people might envy everything you have. Suck it up and change your look on things. Go home, Grab your wife, Bang her like there's no tomorrow and appreciate what you have.

·
NRA & GOAL
3,257 Posts
My wife's grandfather told us right before our wedding something very wise. . .

I's easy to run away... it's hard work to stay and face life's problems

do the right thing, stay and work at making your life better. . .you owe it to yourself, your wife and your child

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
It takes courage to get back up after being knocked down, so if you run you think you won't get knocked down again? Be thankful for what you have, look around bud life is good.

·
Banned
20,343 Posts
The little guy is what keeps me here.
Focus on that. It gets better. My wife and I have had occasional blow outs over the last thirty years. It's better than keeping it bottled up and it's not the end of the world. Just don't do or say something you can never take back. You'll get better at being married over time. I think a lot of people give up too easy. Don't be one of them.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
maybe less time on the internet and more time in the real world around your kid is in order. that is what is real. marriage is work so you have to work at it.

if your work has or pays for a councilor, you should probably go have a talk with them asap. just my $0.02. best of luck

·
Some Dude
7,981 Posts
Running doesn't solve anything. You my avoid some problems but you will create others that will be just as troublesome. Absent physical abuse...work it out. Take out the 'you/me' part and replace it with 'us/we' to help resolve the problems. Work on solutions, not who's right/wrong. It will take both to resolve it.

Good Luck!

:wavey:

red

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Try making a list with the “positive” things in one column and “negative” things in the other column. Then celebrate the “positive” things and work on a plan to make the “negative” things positive. Also talk to your wife so she can help you with this project. Together the two of you can work it out. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Stay. I have learned that taking steps to solve problems isn't an overnight thing but it can be done.
Tell your wife you no longer wish to argue and you want to discuss things between you two and come to a mutual agreement.
Do things that'll physically make you feel better, such as joining a gym, going for a run, lifting weights, etc.
And PM me if you want somebody to talk to. :)

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Therapy may help. At least it may tell if you're upset with the wife for good reason or she is just getting the "fallout" from some other problem.

Don't be too quick to through away a partner without specific cause.
It will help if you have her to fight against the world together. Hard to do alone.

You have a wonderful kid.......

·
Raven
12,747 Posts
I hate my job, I dread going. I fight with my wife nonstop over everything. I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed being around her. I am just overall miserable and sick of my life.

I just want to pack up all my stuff, get in the car and drive and leave everything behind.

I'm just tired of it.
So do it. There is nothing stopping you from ditching the wife and getting a new job and moving.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I'm similar. I hate where I live, work is only tolerable, but I hate the people I work with. Only bright side is what I get to do for work and going to school. Soon as I get my disco patch I'm out of here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hang in there dude, every day is a brand new opportunity to make things better. It may take a little work but all things worth having usually do.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts