close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone else here work out with kettlebells?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Narkcop, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Narkcop

Narkcop

I just finished a quick 15 minute workout with my 16 kg kettlebell's. I did double kb swings, double squats and double military presses. They are GREAT for a quick but efficient workout. Anyone here use em?

2. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

Funny you mention them. As I mentioned in a previous post the SO and I are on a diet. More of like a positive change to proper eating habits than a diet. While doing that I stumbled upon kettlebells the other day. I have been reading online about them. Strongly thinking about working out with them, but I can't find a trainer in my area and I'm worried about doing it wrong and getting injured.

Any advice for me?

3. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

I swap 'em into my regular routine every now and then, when I just feel like a change of pace. I can't do P90X all the time, or Tony'd drive me crazy.

4. Fracball

Fracball Authorized User

I use 'em. They're a nice change especially if you can't exercise outside. FYI; Crossfit.com has kettleball exercise videos, etc.

5. nam02G

nam02G First throwing ax bullseye.

I've been working out with kettlebells for about 4 years now. I really like them. First time in my life I really felt like I was getting stronger. There are some videos that lead you through some good workouts. I recommend starting out slow. If you overdo it the first time out, and it's easy to do, you will feel so thrashed that you probably won't want to pick them up again.

6. aplcr0331

aplcr0331

I don't really like lifting weights, they're too heavy.

7. Narkcop

Narkcop

Go to Youtube and type in kettlebells. A ton of workouts will pop up. Keep it simple with swings, presses and squats. Later you can go to the more technical moves like snatches etc. Do it right and you go away with strength and cardio all in one.

8. Altaris

Altaris

Get stronger, then it will be easier :supergrin:

9. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

My favorite aspect of a kettlebell workout is how it feels like so much more than just "lifting weights." You aren't just moving it in straight lines in order to work one muscle, you're always swinging the damned thing around, using your whole body, and then it just leaves you amazed with how tired you are afterward. Just three or four moves and moderate reps can really wear your *** out.