close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone else hate the standard Glock sites

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kdross, Feb 4, 2007.

1. kdross

kdross

I have a Glock 19 which I love but I hate the standard Glock sights. Does anyone have a suggestion for other sights. I do not have to have night sights.

2. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

I don't know I like this site. Is there another Glock site?

I'm thinking of putting Mep Pro sights on my 19 though.

3. Misery

Misery Loves Company!

I think this site is the most populat, but maybe I'm wrong?

4. Jerry36

Jerry36

They are sights, not sites.:thumbsup:

Glock Talk is a site. I'm sure you wouldn't want a better site than Glock Talk.

5. SouthpawShootr

SouthpawShootr NRA Life Member

I replace the factory plastic sights on every Glock I buy with one of three brands of night sights, Meprolight, TRUGLO TFO, or Ameriglo. I find I like the Meps the best, but the TFOs are fast gaining.

For some odd reason, I have problems with quick sight acquisition on the factory plastic sights. I figure it has something to do with the white outline notch in the rear.

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Dawson Precision rear + Trijicon front.

Heinie Slant Pro

Fiber front, choose your rear!!!

7. diode

diode

Google approved!

8. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

9. stg441957

stg441957

The factory sights do not give a decent sight picture, so I have tijicons on both of my glocks. Better sights all the way around. supergrin:

10. mavrick

mavrick

As for rear sights, I pretty much like the Heinie Pro Slant. I like the old Straight Eight better actually.. whatever... As far as front sights go.. for "sport guns" Dawson FO front sight, and for "working" guns.. a Mep, Trijicon, or TruGlo fiber optic/tritium

Cheers

mavrick

11. RickJZ

RickJZ

I don't mind the sights; just wish that Glock would disburse new pistols with metal sights instead of the plastic ones.

12. PAPACHUCK

PAPACHUCK

The first thing I changed on my 3rd gen G22 was the sights. I had a set of Mepros installed and couldn't be happier. My G22 sleeps next to me on my bedside table and I love waking up to see "Mr. Brighteyes" sitting there.

I found my groups improved as soon as I had the Mepros installed. To each his own, but I didn't care for the stock rear sight.

13. Leigh

Leigh

Strange. My fastest and most accurate times were when I used the factory plastic front/rear sights (21 feet/B-27 target)

That said, the first thing I do to any Glock is to replace the plastic with Meps.

If expense is an issue, there are many steel non-tritium front/rear sights avaialable. They generally cost a little less than half what quality night sights run.

14. gary newport

gary newport

You can get steel non-night Glock sights. Unfortunately, the fronts are crimp-on nowadays. Fortunately, there are aftermarket screw-on white dot front sights made to work with the factory steel white-outline rear.

Unlike some other posters, I like the steel factory sights, though I have Mepros on most of my Glocks.

15. frankt

frankt

I have never had any problems with the Glock plastic sights as far as durability but I do not like lining up dots or bars when shooting.

I like a wide black rear sight like the Warren/Sevigny or Heinies and a plain black front sight painted orange or a fiber optic front.

16. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

"Does anyone have a suggestion for other sights. I do not have to have night sights."

Not many read your second sentance?

Warren/Sevigny's are exc. Novak's with new wider rear notch VG also.

Scott Warren's Series probably the most versatile as can buy rear only and/or front of different width, F/Optic, Trit., etc. or just an all-black set to begin with. Exc. quality for the price. No problems with sun glare like some others having poorly cut or not fine enoug serrations, etc. Extremely well thought out design.

OEM sights do SUCK, but maybe old Gastones did everyone an indirect favor? His poly "Rim Protectors" cost so little, even as replacement parts, that can afford to knock the rear out and twist the front off, then put good, state-of-the-art sights on, only because Glocks are so damn prolific!

17. BoleCailey

BoleCailey

Thanks for putting me onto the Warren's, I just ordered a set of the Night Sights.

18. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

That whole white frame around the front dot thing is too much mental gymnastics for me. I’ve replaced the rear factory sight with a Heinie Straight 8 on everything I own that they make one for. Then again, the whole two-vertical-dot thing does it for me …in spades.